OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a passcode to the iOS app

To prevent unauthorised access to all of your files. The lack of a passcode has prevented me from downloading the app. Dropbox has this feature on their iOS app.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS date format incorrectly recognized on iOS app

iOS OneDrive app incorrectly parses dates from photos in Camera Upload. It currently assumes the date format always is MM/dd/yyyy, which is wrong in some countries.

For instance, 09/04/2015 is read as 4th of September in US, but should be read as 9th of April in Canada French (Quebec).

This leads to weird behavior, when as a result of date format used by regional settings of iOS, date is stored as dd/MM/yyyy, and day is > 12:

19/08/2015 (19th of August 2015) will be read as the 19th month after Jan 2015, that is 8th of July 2016 (see attached…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shared folder sync on Mac

I am missing this , my collegues who use windows can use onedrive like a dropbox to share files but as a Mac user I have to use the browser to view update etc.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive for Business Api: Get list of shared files and folders

It would be great to have a OneDrive for Business API to get a list of all the shared files and folders.

I can get all the shared files and folder with the normal One Drive API by calling: "GET https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared". Unfortunately, this API seems not to be implemented for ODB.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. proper support for tags in photos

The support for tags seems not to work. I cannot search for tagged photos anywhere, the main search does not find them and the existing tags in photos dont seem to show up either. Please fix tags.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix camera roll backup reliability for Windows Phone

Tired of not finding photos on OneDrive that are on my phone...

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Hi, we are aware of a small number of customers who are having issues uploading photos from Windows Phone. The work around is to sideload your photos to your OneDrive through your PC or manually upload them through the app. This is not a widespread issue and we are working on resolving it.

thanks Angus

8. iPhone Full Camera Roll Backup

I have noticed that when you save an image from your iPhone into the camera roll it's not automatically sent to OneDrive like it does with a picture you take yourself.

So say someone sends you some photos via a AirDrop or via a message they automatically save into the camera roll and don't get backed up.

When looking back at old pictures it's impossible to see which files you took (so are backed up) and ones you saved that are not.

Would be great if the app could sync ALL files in the camera roll.

Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update for iPad Pro and iOS 9

Please update the OneDrive app for iPad Pro and iOS 9. Having the new iPad Pro keyboard would be great as would split screen ability.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Document Picker functionality with 'OneDrive for Business'.

Users should be able to select OneDrive from the 'Managed Storage Providers' list when 'iCloud Drive' is used.

For example, the iOS cloud storage apps Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Transmit all support this functionality.

For example, from a drawing app like Procreate (one of the top sketching apps on iOS), when you select 'Import from Cloud' OneDrive for Business should show up on the list of cloud locations available. This will make OneDrive for Business very useful on iOS then. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. to able Onedrive to Sync files and folders from a external harddrives

Hi Everyone from Onedrive.

I would like to suggest an idea that would attend my need and maybe everyone else´s need.
    I have a lot of files on external HDs that I would love to upload my files on Onedrive and direct sync them without to copy these files on my PC's synced folders. It gives a lot of work to manage these files, it takes time and space.
    Please, launch this feature on onedrive that will be helpful. It would be very nice to simple connect my external HD on my PC and Onedrive automatically sync alll files and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. TouchID Access

It is possible to enter a pin code access key, but not to use the touchid sensor of the iPhone or iPad.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Offline

I'd like to suggest you add option for keeping the photos or other files available at offline mode ( when the phone disconnected from internet) but without showing the files at the phone photos as downloaded photos.. I mean we can access these photos without Internet but only through Onedrive application.

Good luck

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OCR a every file upload and provide OCR search on mobile apps

OCR every file uploaded, then integrate OCR search in mobile apps. This make this king of paperless storage!!!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow photo searching by the location the photo was taken

Most times, I can't recall when the exact date I took a picture was and when you amass a lifetime of photos, you often spend a lot of time trying to pair down when a photo was taken to find it. It would be convenient to just type in the city or place that a photo was taken into the search bar and just have the coordinates on the photo resolve out the results. In addition I would LOVE to be able to see my photos represented on a map so that I can see at a glance all the…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this – please take a look and also check out the new “places” view in the Photos experience on the web.

17. Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!!

Vote UP if your excited that One Drive For Business will now model One Drive for Personal!!!!!! After watching ignite conference, i am excited that by the end of September they're opening up the TAP program ( beta) and that all of our one drive for business issues will be resolved by the Q4 of 2015! woohoo!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Java SDK

Hi OneDrive community,

in a lecture/lab that I gave this summer at TU Berlin in Germany, three students of mine had the task to implement a OneDrive Java SDK. They did a great job. Let us know what you think: https://github.com/tawalaya/OneDriveJavaSDK

With best regards,

Markus

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  5 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add sync status markings to files in OS X sync client

All Windows versions of Onedrive consumer and business, show the sync status of files and folders (green check for synced, circular arrows for sync in progress, red X for sync error). This would be a helpful addition in the sync client for OS X. Both Google Drive and Dropbox OS X clients allow this so it should be doable.

Additionally, sharing directly from Finder would be a HUGE value-add.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base