OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Really fix Photo background uploading in iOS

I'm running the latest version of OneDrive on iOS 8.3 on an iPhone 6 Plus and this feature doesn't work as intended. Even with background refresh On and the location settings set to Always, I still have to manually open the app for new photos in my Camera Roll to sync to OneDrive. The only thing having Location set to Always gives me is a badge counter of how many photos need to be uploaded. It is never performed automatically. Please fix.

Additionally, I would prefer that automatic photo uploads from my Camera Roll to OneDrive be performed without leveraging…

1,731 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    114 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting. We are working to address complaints about iOS camera backup, and the best way to get an issue resolved is to submit your ticket through in-app support. This lets us use logs and personal account information to help debug the problem.

Our team will continue to make product reliability a top priority, and we use UserVoice to hear from our community which features you’d like to see the team work on next.

2. SYNC SHARED FOLDERS Without Duplicate Files!!

Right now, syncing shared folders is a NIGHTMARE because of the duplicate files it creates. This is unfortunate because it creates more work than it's worth. I understand this is currently a design limitation, but if it could be fully supported and implemented to support syncing shared folders, I feel businesses everywhere that use OneDrive would benefit GREATLY!!
    This would allow users to access the files from the shared folder as they do now, as well as access the files from OneDrive cloud - and the changes would sync from either direction, thus allowing users in office and out of…

328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, folks. Sync’ing a shared folder to your PC or Mac should not create duplicate files. If you’re not seeing this behavior, can you reach out to support? You can report a problem from the sync client by right-click on the cloud.

3. reverse the change that broke the Windows Live Mail photo email feature

Sometime after 21 June, a change was made at OneDrive that made it impossible to use the photo email feature in the Windows Essentials mail client called Windows Live Mail. This feature automates the process of sharing multiple image files, or large ones, by uploading them to OneDrive and sending thumbnail images with links to the online files by email. This no longer works, and there is no sign yet of any remedy from any product team.

The problem is described in this forum post:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/photo-email-feature-broken/d90e9b9e-5344-4941-9d40-edb0a9397a99

There are dozens of threads already started by affected users with many Me too…

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    478 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, folks. We are investigating this. Please submit issues directly through “feedback” on the website or shake to send feedback in the mobile apps.

4. Slow upload

One drive has terrible upload speed. I'm nowhere near my upload cap, and I have slow speeds to one drive on all networks. A Google search shows it's a very common problem. Please fix or I will be switching to another cloud provider. Thanks

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    233 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re seeing slow upload speeds. We’re constantly improving performance in the service but can’t diagnose problems like this on Uservoice. Can you please reach out to support via the Cog in the website? Click feedback and report a problem.

5. Tell us the account you want to use to open _vti_rpc

I am using my Office 365 version of the Outlook suite, whenever I save a file using Word/PowerPoint/Excel etc on my personal onedrive this popup appears.

This issue has been reported in the forums as well at the following location:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_win10-mso_365hp/tell-us-the-account-you-want-to-use-to-open-vtirpc/b9168b98-4bb0-4e7c-b216-5ea345e4eda7

I experience this issue on multiple systems, steps to replicate:
    Link personal Onedrive
    Link business Onedrive
    Install Office
    Attempt to save a file to personal onedrive
    Popup shows up: "Tell us the account you want to use to open _vti_rpc"

Thread has been open for 2 weeks and no solutions have been found.

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iOS Auto Upload wrong file name (Note using Local time zone) Developers Attention

OneDrive app on iOS always used GMT time, instead of local time..

While it is set as auto upload, photos uploaded are renamed to 20170703_221945121_iOS.jpg.....because it is not in local time, the date may be different, using next day's date to be its worst. Can Microsoft edit the naming mechanism and follows Android's way: 20170703_221945.jpg... which shows date in local time zone, 6 digits time (hour, minute, second), and omitted the "iOS" at the end.

It is so difficult now to know the exact time the pictures were taken and not friendly for photo sorting.

I know someone has submitted…

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re having a problem. Please connect with support by shaking your device and reporting the issue in the product. That will get us logs and help us debug the issue. Thank you!

7. Syncing in OneDrive should be reliable (i.e. not forever saying "Processing changes"),

Syncing in OneDrive should be reliable (i.e. not forever saying "Processing changes")

173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to see you’re hitting issues. Let’s get you connected with support where we can look at logs and help. Please go to the website, click the “?” in the header, and then email support so we can take a look.

8. OneDrive - Not signed in

The icon in the notification area is grayed out and says "OneDrive - Not signed in".

When I right-click the icon only settings, help and exit are available, and nothing is available when I click on settings. I am signed in with my Microsoft account, I can see my OneDrive folder, and I can login to the OneDrive website, but OneDrive is no longer integrated as it was upon initial install of Windows 10, build 10122.

I did move the folder to a different drive because it used up too much space on my system drive - a common complaint…

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    84 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear you’re hitting issues. Can you submit a support ticket on the web? Click the gear and then choose feedback from the menu.

9. Photos are not showing (server/css bug)

There seems to be a serious bug in OneDrive photos where the photos are not showing. Whn visiting the site with the Pale Moon web browser (Mozilla fork),all photos (both thumbnails and larger images) are shown blank.

I've investigated this bug and it seems to be server-side: The errors thrown in the console when requesting the image resources are SERVER side errors with content: <Error><Message>The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.</Message></Error>
    The browser request is a POST that gets this response. It's not a GET.

Drilling down in the HTML structure, I find the image having the following…

141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This isn’t a browser we explicitly support but please go ahead and file a trouble ticket by clicking on the “?” in the header.

10. Manual "sync now" function on the mac client.

The Mac client isn't always aware of updates in One Drive in the cloud, nor do changes in Finder always get picked up automatically by the One Drive client. If Dropbox style real-time sync is not possible, give us a "sync now" function!

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If you’re seeing delays in the time it takes for the sync client to update after you make a change in the cloud or if you see missing files that you know should be sync’d, that’s definitely not by design. You can help by filing an issue with support so we can get our engineers to take a look. The easiest way to reach out to support is from the header of the website.

11. Keep the photo's original name and timestamp on iOS camera upload

Much to my surprise after uploading the photos using the camera upload function on my iPhone I found out that:

1. They now had the timestamp of the moment they were uploaded.
    2. The names had been changed (the _iOS suffix was added);

The first point is unacceptable. So I had to stop using this functionality.

Can this be addressed?

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For #1 we had a bug in the iOS app a long time ago that has since been fixed. Can you please file a support ticket if you’re still seeing it?

For #2 there isn’t a canonical naming scheme for photos in iOS that we can use.

12. There is no option "public" shown in onedrive anymore, when I want to 'get a link' for sharing a photoalbum. Please help!

I do need your help to make photoalbums in onedrive public (get a link, but no option 'public' is shown) I did up to last week, but not possible anymore.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a good one for support but you should be able to get a link and then post that link or share it via email. Anyone who has the link can click on it to see the album. If that’s not happening, let’s take a look at your account.

13. Allow administrators to restore an entire OneDrive for Business Library

Let's assume we have people working in a Group and sharing files with OneDrive for Business. Let's say one of these people syncs the files to their hard drive using the ODfB sync client. Now let's assume this person gets infected with CryptoLocker and nails all local content...which immediately replicates out to the Group OneDrive library. How would an administrator restore content? The last time we asked for a Site Collection restore for a standard SharePoint Site collection, it took over 2 weeks. My request is to allow your office 365 Administrators the right to restore an entire ODfB library…

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We understand that per-file restore wouldn’t be expedient for restoring a large amount of data. Today, if you have this problem, you can contact customer support and they have tools to help you restore a larger amount of data.

14. Improve background uploading

You should improve background uploading on OneDrive for Windows Phone (8.1).
    Let's say I have three files (50 MB each) to upload on OneDrive. I launch the app and I choose the files to uploads. Obviously I close the app (pressing Start), expecting the upload to continue (we're in 2014 if I'm not wrong).
    After some time, I reopen the app and (when it doesn't crash while resuming) a popup alerts me that the upload hasn't succeeded. This happens almost always when I try to upload more than one file.

You should really check and fix this ASAP.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OneDrive Event Log

OneDrive for Business should log events on the client (preferably in the event viewer) so power users/admins can troubleshoot issues that occur. We should not have to install Fiddler and traverse packet captures to find out why OneDrive isn't syncing.

Recently I found out that my files had not been syncing for more than five weeks, yet I never saw any errors until a couple of days ago. Because there aren't any logs, we are unable to determine the root cause to ensure the issue doesn't occur again.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear you’re seeing issues with sync. We would direct anyone hitting issues to right-click on the cloud in the systray and hit “report a problem.” Front-line agents will respond and have access to escalate to the engineering team for new issues.

16. 108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We offer manual tagging in the info pane on photos as well as bulk tagging in the tags page. If you’re not seeing this, can you please reach out to support via the cog in the website?

17. Allow users to set their date format...

It's really annoying having to look at the terrible American date format.

Allow users to select a date format they want to view dates in.

It's far more logical to view dates as

day / month / year

Which makes sense, where the crappy American month/day/year just looks wrong and... wrong...

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear about this. Let’s connect you with support. The first place I’d look is under Microsoft Account Settings / Your Info. Can you make sure your Country/Region is set correctly?

18. 106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with upload speed. We would agree with you that this seems unusually slow. Can you please go to the “?” in the website and email support when you see issues like this? Thank you!

19. OneDrive sync client behaviour when syncing too much data

I was shocked by the behaviour of the OneDrive sync client when syncing more files than you have space for on a system. The system goes into an endless sync loop after filling up the hard disk with no error warnings. If a file does not fit, the client will fill the drive then delete the half copied file and go around in a loop endlessly trying to sync a file that will never fit.

The behaviour needs to be to test the file to by synced to see if it will fit into the space available before trying to…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Very sorry to hear you’re having problems. Let’s first make sure you have the latest version of OneDrive — you can download that from http://onedrive.com/download

Then, if you’re still seeing this problem, can you file a ticket by right-clicking the cloud icon and choosing to report an issue. We’ll take a look!

20. Be aware of the behavior that an error occurs when the external user access from the invited email.

I am assuming that a system error (bugs) has been occurred when the external user access the link of sharing the file. Specifically, the access error constantly occurs for the first time the user accessed from the invited email, after that they are allowed to access without sign-in process.

For security protection, I hope this event will be fixed as soon as possible.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base