OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Do not re-upload photos if they are already present

There are two basic concepts here:
1) Photos should be uploaded to the same OneDrive location, regardless of their source (the PC app and the mobile device should both upload to "Camera Roll" (right now the PC uploads to "Camera imports" but the mobile app uploads to "Camera Roll."
2) If a photo has already been uploaded by another device, they should not be uploaded again. This is not an advanced concept; Windows Live Mesh/Sync had similar capabilities. Examples:
- If I use the OneDrive app on my mobile device to upload photos, and then connect my phone to my PC, the OneDrive app on the PC should not try to import and upload those photos again.
- If I connect my phone to my PC, and use the OneDrive app on my PC to upload photos to OneDrive, the OneDrive app on my phone should not try to upload those same photos.

It would be amazing if in-progress uploads on either device were also cancelled if the complete file was uploaded from another device, but I would settle for simply discarding the duplicate version after the upload is finished.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
JB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google