OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix "Uploading is Paused Error on Android"

Fix "Uploading is Paused. Please connect to a Wi-Fi of mobile network" when users are indeed connected to the internet.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Austin Block shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is bizarre on Android, but it seemed for me to be about moving away from the wifi it was using. The airplane mode on/off switch worked for me - but I had to do it several times to upload 16 photos.

• Ian McWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In OneDrive on the phone turn off camera uploads and then back on again - no more message for me after doing that

• Benny Lloyd Willner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Airplane on/off did not work for me. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it to make it work a couple of times but it is not good enough to call a proper solution.

• Noel Hili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I expected Microsoft would have solved this issue especially for Paid Subscriptions of Office 365. I will revert to Dropbox as I never had any issues with that.

• Niccolò Angeli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I put the phone on charge this auto-rsolve for me, but as soon as I unplug it the issue reappears

• Alex Cantor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me worked with a pause(turn off) on camera upload; close the app and turn on camera upload.

• Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The airplane mode thing did not work for me. The force stop thing did not work for me. The uninstall / reinstall did the trick for me.

Coincidentally this problem happened right after I changed my Microsoft account password.

airplane mode on/off did the job! automatically continued uploading. many thanks

• Povilas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[SOLVED]
    Finally, I Forced stopped* the app, uninstalled and installed again. Works OK now.

The photos got uploaded, but it got stuck on something else. This time Force stopping alone worked.

*To Force stop just hold you finger on app icon. On pop-up select "App info" and "Force stop" should be there.

I found that turning airplane mode on and then off again resolved this issue.

• Teija commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Camera upload is paused. Please connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network." Tried the suggested ideas and still not working on my Samsung Galaxy S8. PLEASE, Microsoft!

I think mine worked when I put it on charge using data not wi-fi. Pretty weird.

I found that turning airplane mode on and then off again resolved this issue.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base