OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Show shared documents on new desktop client

Instead of having to go to the one drive online page to open shared documents that others have shared to me via word and one drive rather have those documents show in there respective office apps or have all documents shared with the user appear and sync to desktop.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aurelian Shuttleworth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In reply to Michele comment on June 27. From the web interface for OneDrive for Business it is not possible to sync the "shared with me" folder but you can sync folders listed there one by one by first clicking the folder then clicking the sync button. If you want to access the whole of your "shared with me" then you could take a look at Zee Drive (a commercial tool) http://www.thinkscape.com/Map-Network-Drives-To-Office-365-OneDrive/#SharedWithMe which allows you to map a network drive to your shared with me files

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed!! From Office Apps (Word, Excel...) you should be able to open "Shared with Me" files. Not just from web, iOs, or Android but from the desktop at a minimum. I've tried copying the URL from "Shared with Me" and through Word 2013, file, open, "Other web locations" & "Add a place" to no avail. :( I believe this would be a well received addition to the functionality of OD4B.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base