OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Home screen shortcuts for folders and files

Allow users to take a file or folder they use often and paste a shorcut to the android home screen for quick and easy access

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Word document in a folder in OneDrive...and I have the OneDrive App on my S7 Edge device...I know how to set up a shortcut to the document on my device home screen.. but how do I set up a shortcut on homescreen to the folder?

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for Will Gay III - that worked for me, I can quickly go straight to the folder I need and upload a scan or picture of receipts and tax invoices for work. thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current OneDrive application is so bad that I do not use it. The possibility of the icon's outsourcing is fundamental. This app is simply not ready.

• Will Gay III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On android you can certainly do this with OneDrive, you just need to use a widget. When you add a widget, one of your options is a OneDrive shortcut, which lets you point to a specific folder or file. I use it for folders.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is available in Word and Excel already. It would be nice to also have it in OneDrive.

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base