OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow backup of files from multiple drives to the OneDrive

This seems to be such a fundamental functionality and so many are in a similar situation so I'm posting in hopes that Microsoft will consider a new feature request.

I have a laptop with a small Solid state drive with 50 Gb of data I'd like to back up to OneDrive. When I'm home I dock my laptop and have an external drive with 500 Gb of data I'd like to back up to OneDrive. It doesn't help to change the folder of my OneDrive backup as I need both folders backed up. They can't be combined. I also don't want my OneDrive to complain the folder (of my external hard drive) can't be found when I'm not docked at home.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No answer, and asked more than a year ago? WTH is up with that? I do audio recording and I want to back up my external hard drive to OneDrive. Can't do it? Can I? I don't know because they haven't answered yet. Pffffff...

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 1TB on OneDrive. My C: drive is an SSD and is 240GB ( 2x 120 GB with RAID for speed). I also have a standard hard drive of 1TB. I want to sync some folders of my 1TB drive for offsite backup. If I move the OneDrive folder to the 1TB drive I lose speed of access for files I use every day.

Microsoft - please explain why you do not support this.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kidding me? Paid for 1tb of OneDrive space. Have 2 SSD's (total 750mb) on my laptop. Searched for 2 hours to locate guide to backing up both drives on my OneDrive. Finally found the above informing me that we can only back up one physical drive to a OneDrive account. Incredibly poor way to deal with customers, MSFT!!

• Giacomo Rebonato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is important also in this scenario of mine.
    I took photographs for work.
    I am backing up and syncing 1TB hard drive, but someday I will fill it and start a new one.
    I would like to connect it to the same laptop and start the backup in a new cloud folder.

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base