OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Disable "An update is required" popup

When not using the latest OneDriveSetup sources you will get a prompt to update OneDrive -> "An update is required. To continue using OneDrive, you need to update it.". This message seems totally useless since OneDrive does a proper update in the background anyway.
Please adjust the installer to get rid of this update prompt or give the possibility to have control about this update behaviour (e.g.: special parameters for the OneDriveSetup.exe).

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
BB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Johan Jansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone give me clearness how this should work? The problem in our organization is when a new user logon a computer, I've read me to that it works like this: When a new user sign-in there's a first run command that initialize OneDrive, it uses the setup file (OneDriveSetup.exe) found under SysWOW64 and if this version is to old the pop-up shows up. My current solution is to replace the OneDriveSetup.exe using a logon script once and then, please tell me there's a better approach/ solution?

• Steve Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is great to have the clint always on most recent build but if the pop up cant be suppressed, why do we display it? Clicking on "close" doesn't postpone the update and if its enforced anyway, we don't need it. Its just another annoying popup

• Jody Cloutier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to service the OneDrive client offline. I want to DISM in the patch and cant, extremely frustrating!

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base