OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Support for newer Canon .CR2 RAW format

Up till now I have been able to get viewable tumbnails and fullscreen of my pictures taken with Canon 600D in RAW format .CR2, when using the webinterface and onedrive app on windowsphone.
Now, I changed my camera to Canon 7D mark II which is using a newer/other version of .CR2 RAW format and no tumbnails or fullscreen picture is available in webinterface or app on windowsphone.
Please upgrade server to support this newer/other version of the Canon .CR2 RAW format.
I am looking forward to be able to see my newly taken pictures again.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hakan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Monompadin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a significant problem, it is still very obscure, dear developers, please HELP!
    ----
    Это серьезная проблема, в ней по-прежнему нет ясности, дорогие разработчики, пожалуйста, ПОМОГИТЕ!

Not so long ago, preview of almost all RAW files became impossible...
    ----
    Не так давно предварительный просмотр почти всех RAW-файлов стал невозможным...

Recently I started to unload in OneDrive my entire archive of photos accumulated in a dozen years, about 800GB, the problem is that some photos (if they are viewed in the "Photos" section on the site) do not have a preview (they show a schematic mountain landscape with a sun, if you click on the photo pops up the offer to download), photos on which the preview is not displayed were unloaded among a couple of days ago, these are RAW files, it should be noted that these files are new (were shot a month ago and I specifically checked for "broken". All files are "good") some photos from t th same folder still have a preview they have the "PEF or CR2" file format and normally open to view when you click on them.
    This problem also occurs in the case of older photos.

https://yadi.sk/i/ApZ88GCr3X599e

Недавно я начал выгружать в OneDrive весь свой архив фото накопившихся за десяток лет, около 800Гб, проблема в том, что некоторые фото (если их просматривать в разеделе "Фотографии" на сайте) не имеют превью (отображаются схематичным горным пейзажем с слонцем, если кликнуть на фото выскакивает предложение скачать), фото на которых не отображается превью были выгружены в числе прочих пару дней назад, это RAW(.PEF и .CR2) фалы, нужно отметить, что эти файлы новые (были сняты месяц назад и я специально проверил на предмет "битости" проблем не оказалось) некоторые фалы из той же папки все же имеют превью (UPD: они имеют тот же самый формат файла и нормально открываются для просмотра при клике по ним).
    Эта проблема встречается так же и в случае более старых фото.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with thumbnails of .CR2 RAW formats from my camera Canon 700D. This needs to be resolved, because I spend several hours a day working with photos and now it takes me even more time to cooperate with thumbnails that I don't see. By resolving this, you will help many people focused on photography. Thanks!

• Vince Curletta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CR2 files for newer cameras (files from my 5D Mark III CR2 files do show) don't show in Windows or OneDrive... Specifically the Canon 5D Mark IV (and I've heard the 7D Mark II raw images don't show either). Google Photos does allow viewing of these files - I'm not sure what the problem is here, but it needs to be resolved.

• Caio Cunha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just read here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-for-Business/Announcing-New-File-Viewers-Available-for-OneDrive-For-Business/td-p/60040 that OneDrive for Business now has support for CR2.

WTF, Microsoft? 99% of my content are images, and I can't see its thumbs. I'm about to move to a different service due to the lack of thumbnails, but mostly, due to how troublesome it is to have OneDrive in a external hard drive.

• kamil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interestingly, Windows supports CR2 format out of the box, so it's a little surprising that Microsoft doesn't reuse its image libraries across products.

Two major competing cloud platforms that I shall not name support this format without issues, OneDrive is lagging behind again.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes how can we get the .CR2 preview on? My old Canon 5D Mii had no issues, but the 5D Mark iv cannot show the thumbnail in OneDrive...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Canon 80D also uses the new format, 77D probably as well. Would be great indeed!

OneDrive Archive: Photos

Feedback and Knowledge Base