OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Remove or hide connected services from Word and Excel

I wanted to remove some "save as" locations from Word and Excel. Currently shows 3 different cloud locations which come from OneDrive:
- OneDrive - <company name>
- Sites - <company name>
- OneDrive personal

Our users are only using one OneDrive location which is their OneDrive for Business folder, and it's too confusing for them to see 3 different cloud locations under "Save As". I wanted to keep only the OneDrive for Business, and followed by "This PC".
I have read an article that shows that I could remove those connected services under File > Account menu option, but I don't have any Remove links showing there.
Here is the article:
http://ericatoelle.com/2016/manage-save-as-locations-in-office-2016/
I contacted Microsoft and they said that screenshot was from an older version of Office.
It seems like the feature was there and it was removed. I would like if it can be added back.

Thanks,
Steven

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steven Nagy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS would have to give me terabytes of free space to get me to use OneDrive. It is extremely annoying to have this option displayed in the File Open/Save dialog.

• Boydston01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A work around may be to disable the "backstage" screen in Word options. Doing so brings back the old classic save window. Might work.

• Ralph Jennings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've disabled OneDrive through Windows 10 but it still shows up in Word. Not only that, but it's the first thing the save-as cursor lands on. Why can't MS make this removal simple? Oh wait, it doesn't want users to ditch OneDrive...

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base