OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix OneDrive crashing with a lot of files

OneDrive crashes about every 2 hours, on multiple machines. Since I am a developer. I have a LOT of files (node_modules). Because I am unable to exclude folders (as Microsoft doesn't want people to be able to exclude certain types of folders), all my node_modules folders are being indexed and uploaded to OneDrive. Since there are so many files, OneDrive's memory usage gets over 2GB and then crashes.

Please make a decision because the product is pretty much useless for developers now. I would say there are 2 options.

1. Make the application 64-bit. Not because it is unacceptable in 2016, but because some people have more files than the 2gb memory allocation can handle.
2. Make the application use less memory, maybe by keeping an on-disk cache?
3. Let people exclude directories. I don't need my node_modules uploaded to OneDrive.

I would personally say that option 2 and 3 together would be the best. But maybe there are other reasons to do otherwise. The fact is though, that OneDrive now crashes about every 2 hours, which actually is unacceptable for a product like this.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter K shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mario Rossell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with your comments. Dropbox is seamless, and OneDrive seems to crash every couple of hours or every 500 mb, even after installing/uninstalling/unlinking several times and following every suggestion on official and unnofficial sites.

I thought I was going to be able to replace Dropbox, since OneDrive 1TB is part of Office 365, but it seems I will have to continue paying for a reliable service instead of this one.

• Rico Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! This is just ridiculous. I see why web developers prefer mac and other unix versions now. Stuff like this.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base