OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add ability to hide users from 'Share with' functionality

We sync users from on-premise AD to Azure for Office 365. In addition, we have cloud-only Global Administrator accounts that are not synced.

We would like the ability to hide users from the 'Share With...' functionality in ODB/Office Online (the cloud only users for example). For example, the 'Hide user from address lists' from Exchange Online option could be respected. Right now, all tenant users show up in the search results, which can be confusing as the Global Administrator accounts get selected accidentally.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Darren Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. Our users are mistakenly sending emails to these addresses.

• Neil Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this issue without the on premise users (multi domain, single tenant). I have a domain which all users are set to "Hide user from address lists" in exchange. It seems that searching SharePoint user profiles honors the "Hide..." setting as I do not see my hidden users... The OneDrive sharing dialog does not honor the "Hide..." setting and displays the hidden users. Microsoft, this isn't a feature request... it's a bug!

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base