OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their time zone. I certainly would wish for you to improve this system behavior.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Office 365 Japan Support Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nathan Best commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organisation is having the same issue. All personal OneDrive accounts are created with Pacific Time as the default region causing confusion with users as all are in the UK. We raised a support call with Microsoft who said this is a known issue and at the moment this has to be changed on a per user basis. They also asked for me to post on this forum

• Admin user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

General users have not availability to notice it, and it's difficult to find where to manage (gear icon - site settings ?? what???). I don't understand why US timezone is default despite tenant location is in East Asia. We have actual issue came up from users. They found all updated synced documents has different timestamp between sync client and OD, then we ask each of them to change timezone settings,,,, not acceptable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have several thousands of users are using different time zones globally.

Strongly suggest to align the time zone settings of One Drive for Business to align the time zone on the desktops

• Office 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :個人用サイトのタイムゾーン設定について
    ■内容: 他の設定項目で地域の設定を "日本" に設定している箇所があるため、それと連動して個人用サイトのタイムゾーンも設定されるようにしてほしい。
    -----
    I have a similar comment as seen in the location setting mentioned above. I hope the personal site timezone to be set as ”Japanese Standard Time” connected with the section for location setting as ”Japan” since I find some particular settings specified as such within other setting items.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base