OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

OneDrive Auto Save Tab for Business Accounts

Could you please provide an Auto Save tab for OneDrive business accounts. I have a PC that is my business only PC, but I do not get the Auto Save tab, like I do with a personal account. I do not want to save anything on my local drive!

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steven Petrillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a workaround for this. Go to your OneDrive folder and create the folders "Desktop", "Documents", and "Pictures". Now for each corresponding local folder, open the folder properties window, click the "Location" tab, and type the path of each of the new folders on your OneDrive that you just created. It automatically moved all the files in each folder to my OneDrive and is now syncing as it would if the Auto Save tab had been there.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be most useful for paying business users.

• Mitchell Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only is it really annoying that this feature is built into the personal version but not available in the business version and it is normally the other way around. It would also be great from a business continuity perspective, helping users save their data in case of hard drive failure.

• Chris S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be beneficial for us as we're replacing Roaming Profiles for 17K user as they migrate to Windows 10. Using OneDrive for folder/shell redirection is a piece of the strategy and if it was built into the feature set of the client it will improve our adoption and lessen the complexity.

• Mike B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just set up my first OneDrive for Business joined to Azure AD and noticed Auto Save tab missing.
    I agree this should be there for Business

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base