OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add the equivalent of .gitignore

This request keeps coming up and keeps getting closed so we can no longer vote on it, this is ridiculously counter-productive. Even if the feature is unlikely the entire point of this site is to gauge support for feature requests, by all means respond but don't just close it.

In short, add the ability to ignore certain files or folders from sync using something like a .onedrive file. I don't want my node modules syncing with ondrive and bogging sync down.

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6988070-use-a-file-to-ignore-exclude-files-or-folder?page=1&per_page=20
https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/10720758-make-it-possible-to-ignore-build-artifacts

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Hawxby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charles P. Goodwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the excellent people writing VS Code could take an afternoon to help OneDrive work better with code files.... Please

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, I support this idea! At least we should implement this.

Further, it would be so much better for OneDrive to just recognize ".gitignore" file, so there is no need to learn another format and keep the directories as simple as possible.

Thanks!

• Darrell Plank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree so much. As it is it's impossible to share VS projects. You'd think Microsoft's OneDrive hand would know what it's Visual Studio hand is doing, but it seems not. The .vs files don't work under the current system since they need to exist on my local machine in the project directory I want to share on OneDrive but I don't want to upload/download them. Telling OneDrive to not sync these files means "don't download them" but if they exist it still tries to improperly upload them. I want it to IGNORE them entirely but there's no option for that which makes Microsoft's VS projects impossible to store in Microsoft's OneDrive without OneDrive constantly telling you that there's an error since it "couldn't sync the .vs folder".

OneDrive Archive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base