OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix the "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now" error message to say what the problem really is

Certain problems within the OneDrive client result in the error message "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now". Below this, it says "Please contact support".

I have had this message and contacted Microsoft Support, who were completely unable to help at all. The error message is very poor, as it does not adequately describe what the conditions are that are preventing OneDrive from adding a folder to be synchronised. The error message should inform the user why the folder cannot be added and provide a link to a help page to assist in resolving the problem.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_win10/sharepoint-folder-onedrive-next-generation-sync/a1f46b54-1d90-4278-adae-dc1825e9864a for details of the troubleshooting I performed with Microsoft's help.

I've attached a screenshot showing the issue.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RupertP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this made it through the code reviews, let alone testing and in to live.
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Romano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this is a old problem. I had this problem for 2 years, in my case it was not the onedrive client that was the issue nor that i was the office 365 tenant. What i did was go to onedrive classic and go to library settings.

Look at your list of colums. Did u create a colum on your own? And is it set to required? If so delete that colum. When i did that.. it instantly solved my problem. I hope this helps. I tried alot of things. but this was the thing that fixed it for me. Regards Romano

• Nick Cheng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also confused by why voting is closed on this. Providing comprehensible error messages is really helpful for users. I've now had three calls with Microsoft support where they weren't able to figure out why I was getting this error until finally someone determined that syncing folders shared by users in other domains doesn't work (not to mention that this basic functionality is one G-Suite started with so I'm entirely confused as to how it doesn't exist with OneDrive).

• Håkon K. Olafsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is the voting closed? This error message is completely useless. What support? Of the computer I want access to OneDrive from? Microsoft Support? "Domain" support? Who?

Error is too vague and does not lead you to an actual solution. At least provide a code / reason or link to troubleshoot. It is hard to differentiate if this is a Service Deg, Tenant Misconfig or ODFB client issue

• Apostolos Georgas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem applies also for me. I can't synchronize my corporate drive from a non-corporate computer (from my home pc). The "Please contact support" doesn't really provides any help ...

We disabled synchronization for OneDrive for non-domain computer. We are regularly getting questions from our users why this is not working. The message "Please contact support" should explain why synchronization failed.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base