OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Duplicates

Can an option be added in OneDrive to identify duplicate files I.e. When you have uploaded the same photo more than once but it's in different folders. This was a useful tool in Picasa and would be great if it could be incorporated into OneDrive. You should have the option to check and delete the duplicate.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Asher Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would recommend to try DuplicateFilesDeleter, if you want to find and deleting duplicated files.

• Vickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a GREAT feature. I have a lot of duplicates on my One Drive and my space is full. I have been trying to go through them to delete them and it is a big hassle. I have been using One Drive for years and I am one of the ones that got storage taken away that I completed events and things to get the extra storage. I had accumulated 20 GB and had plenty of room for more and got knocked down to 5 GB and had to delete some photos just to get down to 5 GB so this feature would be a great help to get under the 5 GB so I can get back to having my photos automatically uploaded to One Drive. Thank you

• Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that DuplicateFilesDeleter has the option to check and delete the duplicate

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate it better if it would not consider duplication of files in the folder in question only, but files in my whole OneDrive.

• Jan Hemphälä commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of us have more information on OneDrive than we can fit to our local storage so downloading to use a local tool is not an option. An alternative/complement would be if a file with information of files and all metadata could be downloaded so a local tool could be used combining it with saved local data since many of us have data scattered all over.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is great to have a TB of storage. Convenience of locating stored photos is of utmost importance when it is so easy to take millions of pics with todays technology. Please help us to sort thru pics by notifying when duplicates and possible triplicates etc. can occur when downloading from shared sites......Thank you

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base