OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix file copying for all sizes

While we can successfully move "small" files with the Move To option in the website, Copy To *always* fails for "bigger" files. I haven't looked for an exact minimum size that can't be copied, but I know that a file of 24MB cannot be copied.

At the very least any restrictions should be documented.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex Villarreal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Francois Lepron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found one solution for OneDrive to OneDrive's Shared Folder Move To for a file of 2.68 GB (mkv video file).
    I do not why but I cannot post or reply in the original thread which has guided everybody to create this topic in OneDrive UserVoice Website, by our friend alexvy86.
    I have signed in, but either this topic is closed, either my credentials are not good enough even if the signing in worked.
    I would like you to help me to post the solution, I've found.
    So post a comment here or email me at francois.lepron@outlook.com.
    Sorry for my bad English, I am french and french native speaker.
    Bye.

• Francois Lepron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on my side. All combinations with browsers do not work. This is a critical issue for Office365 users.
    So set this issue in top priority, please.

• Brice Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work in dropbox regularly and never have any issues using the web browser to move or copy files from one folder to another. We have copied files of all sizes and formats up to 30 gigs per file. Please fix. Thanks.

• Giuseppe Siclari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dopo vari tentativi di copia ho notato che il problema è dovuto alla caduta della connessione Internet.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just started failing for me today. I can't move files to a shared folder when the file is greater than 4 Mb. it doesn't work with the OneDrive desktop app or via the web.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base