OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Implement the function/option to hide the [+] icon which displayed on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business.

I am aware that each user can create an Office 365 group by clicking the [+] icon which appears on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business. To prevent this, I carried out cmdlets to control from the Microsoft Planner, therefore Microsoft Teams also became unusable at the same time.

Then I have been changing the settings to activate Teams, however, each user is still able to create Office 365 groups from their own OneDrive for Business screen.
For the ease of management, I hope the feature will be implemented enables controlling to hide the [+] icon (to create the Office 365 groups) by settings as quickly as possible.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Office 365 Japan Support Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creation of Groups (and subsequently Team Sites) impacts companies who are in a hybrid environment. If a group/team site is inadvertently created in vNext, it causes a conflict if the name matches a legacy/vCurrent Team Site that has yet to be migrated to the SharePoint Online environment.

• Nicholas P Balestrino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating groups from one drive serves no functional purpose for OneDrive. Microsoft should allow organizations if they want to expose this as a location for their company to create sites from or not, and not force them into a model that they are not prepared to support.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base