OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Bring to OneDrive Business option "Add to my OneDrive" only available only at personal OneDrive

I want this feature in OneDrive for Business.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

When someone shares a folder and gives you edit permissions to it, add the shared folder to your own OneDrive to make it easier to edit and work with the folder and its contents. If you sync the folder to your Windows or Mac computers running the OneDrive app, you can work with the folder offline.

Add a shared folder to your OneDrive

Sign in to OneDrive on your browser.

In the OneDrive navigation pane, under OneDrive, click Shared. Folders you can add to your OneDrive are marked Can edit.

OneDrive Shared folders

Find the folder you want to add, and click the circle in the folder's tile to select it.

Click Add to my OneDrive. Or, if you prefer, you can right-click the folder and then click Add to my OneDrive. Add shared folder to OneDrive

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Javier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crucial feature for people who work with other people. It seems to be a fundamental feature to making the Office ecosystem as enticing as possible.

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option should exist this the beginning. All my colleagues request this feature which is essential. We have different teams working on same files or folders, and for files it's more convenient to have it sync with your computer, even if it was a share folder.

• Georgiy Frolov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature to have. Currently OneDrive is split into two: items you own and items shared with me. It should instead have all files/folders under a single tree, or provide an option to make it so.
    It makes the user experience especially difficult.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. This needs to be added. Simply a feature that is available that is available by other providers.

• a huggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you know how long I've been trying to figure out how my users could sync the folders I create on OneDrive for Business to their Sync folders on their PC. Why even use ODFB if it can't be synced by all users? I'm trying to get all of our documentation in one central location and make it easy to access for EVERYONE. Why isn't there one OneDrive for Business folder accessible by everyone online and on the Desktop app.

• joshua j clounch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge miss. I am going to switch to dropbox and this is the sole reason. I have teams of creatives and developers that need access to files and we do not want to have to email or login online just to get the latest versions of files.

• Candice Washington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely Essential. We just switched and work in a collaborative environment. My list of "shared with me" will be miles long by the end of the year.

This was a feature in Google. We could add shared documents in our folder and still see them in shared with me.

Kudos for having "remove from shared," Google did not have that. But we still need add to.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base