OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Please fix MIcrosoft update bug...

OneDrive creates a temp file called aria-debugger. It's huge...40 g bytes, and keeps growing, grabbing all the free space on the hard drive.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick Zammuto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this One Drive garbage? First a shortcut that NEVER left my desktop for years after uninstalling until I bought a new computer. Now it is off my DT but gives me this aria-debug...log everyday, sometimes more than 5 times/day. Microsoft cannot fix their own garbage on their own software because they make ALL their Feature Updates try to chage my computer to a cell phone, even though I will NEVER use one or their one drive the rest of my life!

• Jose Carrizales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you people blind or stupid? Microsoft is storing all your information for Military purposes. Check DoD contracts with Microsoft!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the frustration.

however if I don't have to run any task overnight, I would log off and possibly put the pc to sleep. i believe that is a good practice in terms of environment and and performance

• Hippolyt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every morning: restart - delete yesterdays aria - praying for sufficient votes

• Doug Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happening where I work as well. Not happening for everyone. Difficult to troubleshoot. Microsoft suggestions aren't that helpful.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has the same issue, started recently. (Windows 7, office 2010, windows updates - critical and important up to date)

I have tried renaming my onedrive directory, installed v17.3.7074.1023, no change
    tried the /reset option, no change

This is the message that is filling the log file ( approx. 4-6 entries per second)

C:\build\aria-cpp-v1\clienttelemetry\src\TransmissionPolicyManager.cpp(1848): void __thiscall clienttelemetry::TransmissionPolicyManager::_HandleSendingEvents(bool) WARNING: Waiting for clock-skew correction, skipping package=5476d0c4a7a347909c4b8a13078d4390, tenant=C366F836-AC51-421A-AA9F-DF96DAF6549B

not sure where the path references (c:"\build\aria-cpp-v1\... as this isn't local to the PC, I'm assuming it is something to do with the sharepoint area of onedrive.

A new log is created each time you close and reopen onedrive( the number in the file name changes each time.)

the workaround we are currently giving to users is to close onedrive, open it when you need it and close it when done. Leaving onedrive running overnight is enough to bring the PC to a standstill with no available free space and 40GB+ log files.
    Logs are in %temp% - C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Temp and named similiar to aria-debug-408.log (numbers vary)

• Nathan Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get 2 aria-debug files each day they fill up my hard drive. My CPU fan is always on high.

I tried resetting per the following post and the problem came back.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/aria-debug-log-files-took-all-free-disk-space/15bcfd42-2627-4c03-8342-5c2500f2ec42?auth=1

Then I tried uninstalling, deleting OneDrive files, then reinstalling per the following post and problem came back.

https://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/par_clientsol/forum/par_win/onedrive-setup-creates-a-large-log-file/cc2b3269-3463-41ed-ab10-3adc650b0b33?auth=1

The only way I can get it to stop is to close OneDrive.

• Dana Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed all available win7 updates today 10/22/2017. I followed instructions I found online that said to /reset. I uninstalled, deleted remaining onedrive configuration files, downloaded latest version and installed. The problem continues. My user/AppData/Local/Temp/aria-debug-xxxx.log files grow minute by minute until the disk is full.

• Petro Hämäläinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem. File keeps growing. I checked size of that file 10 minutes ago and it was 15.5 gigabytes and now it is 16.8 gigabytes.

• Rasmus Dybro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a user with the same issue. This is impacting both CPU usage and disk performance.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base