OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Sync client / Files On-Demand support for Windows 10 virtual desktops (VDI)

In 2018 we will begin a 12 month deployment of Windows 10 + Office 365. 45,000 physical devices will be replaced and 15,000 devices will be turned into kiosks accessing virtual desktops. Would like to incorporate OneDrive into the personal data namespace, but you explicitly state there is no support for the sync client (and thus Files On-Demand) for virtual desktops (VDI), and that eliminates OneDrive usage for all since the user experience has to be identical across physical and virtual. If I can't do it for virtual then I can't do it for physical.

Request explicit statement of support for sync client with Files On-Demand on Windows 10 virtual ldesktops.

In late December we will make our final architectual decision on user data.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Politi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kevin, we are in a very similar scenario. We are looking at a combination of Files on Demand and the GPO to limit the download size (DiskSpaceCheckThresholdMB) . We need Microsoft to make this a supported configuration at least for VDI environment with persistent disks.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base