Trystan Powell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Maximilian Hirschfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have the problem that i have to rename the OneDriveFolder, because we have one private OneDrive and one Company OneDrive - and you cant differentiate between them - would be nice if you can name them how you want (each user himself) - without dictation from the Tennant name

• John Horak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I renamed the root folder for my company via this process:
    a) An admin (me) logs into Office 365 configuration site, and renames the company to something the appropriate.
    b) The user goes to the tray, and right clicks on the One Drive function, and quits One Drive.
    c) The user then renames the OneDrive root folder to the new company name
    d) The user reboots his computer.
    e) After reboot, OneDrive will say it cannot sync and the user has to re-log into One Drive.
    f) The system will resync one drive, with the new company name.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is definitely needed as companies with longer names have most of the name hidden by the default explorer/finder view

Completely agree. While a root folder name like "OneDrive - My Company Long Name" including the dash and spaces in the name is fine as a "Default" option it is simply poor design to not allow any mechanism to to change the LOCAL sync path to something else (like "OneDriveMyCo"). This is especially problematic when working with files that expect a fixed local path such as syncing Access databases that contain many external links where MS stores the full local path.

We really need this feature because without it we have to change thousands of links on multiple machines, just not possible, so we need to be able to rename the OneDrive Business Root Folder. ASAP please!

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base