OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

File modified date changes automatically even if the file is just opened and closed without any modification

In Office 2016, there is an issue with the file's modified date with files that are saved locally on a user's system but synced with their One drive.
Even if a user opens up an excel file and just closes it without making any changes or without saving any changes, excel automatically changes the Date modified to the current date and time when it is opened. This creates problem in tracking the file based on their last modified date.
Pls restore back the earlier version when the Date modified would change only on saving them and not otherwise.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just migrated from Dropbox.. only to find this deal breaker! Bummer

• zqm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a tragic feature of OneDrive not seen in other storage drive program. If I want to store old files on OneDrive, and then view them, in order to know when they were created I would have to rename thousands of files since I can no longer use the last date modified. No thanks. It is easier to pay for extra for Dropbox and save countless hours and grief of unnecessary wasted time. What a shame to have all that free space with Office 365 that will be wasted.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base