OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix the problem: This file name contains characters that aren’t allowed. Please change the file name so it doesn’t begin or end with a space

Fix the problem: This file name contains characters that aren’t allowed. Please change the file name so it doesn’t begin or end with a space

Dropbox and Google Drive dont have this problem!

Pleas fix it!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Russell Cardwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is annoying, even when the files do contain such characters.

But OneDrive is now showing this error even when the files do not have such characters, and have been peacefully syncing with OneDrive for months or years.

Renaming the files does not help. This began with the latest update installed today: 19.062.0331

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would just be annoying and inconvenient but I am dealing with other people's files and have no business changing their names.

As anonymous, above, says other cloud services Dropbox, GDrive (iCloud, sugarSync, Tresorit) manage—why not OneDrive?

• John Hillenbrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didn't help at all. All indications to remove it say it is no longer there. But I get the message and can see it (empty) every day.

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trying to change from iCloud to one drive and I have 816 files with this problem....

Does anyone have a 'fix all' solution for it??

Its a crazy problem...

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base