OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rozealieth San Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for an MSP with hundreds of clients, and we were under the impression from our AppRiver reps that OneDrive Business would have no limitations on file size for uploads - which is why we opted for signing up our 50+ clients for these services and planned for more.

Back to the drawing board - Unfortunate as it was a great option until the 15GB limitation threw a wrench in our strategy.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please not only for OneDrive business. The normal OneDrive only syncs 10GB. Every longer smartphone video is bigger and cannot be synced.

• Terence McPile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exports of Virtual Machines on my H: Drive,... I synched to OneDrive,.... ah, .vhdx are too big and can't synch. Not ideal.

• Maciek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this is why my phone kept failing when uploading a big 4K video file :/
    C'mon guys...

• hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropbox has much higher file size limits, and doesnt require you to feature spaces in the file path for your data. Why does MS inflict these two meaningless things on users?

• rene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please increase the filelimit! this is a lot lower than the competitors - i don't want to switch to google here. and: we arrived in 2019 and are generating data and content - and that needs space.

• Rathour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have few concerns with related to file sharing on OneDrive-
    (i) Can MS increase the max file size atleast same as google drive
    (ii) Can MS bring the functionality that file size limit can be overridden by the admin of tenant.
    (iii) Can MS brings the alert functionality that- Users if they upload bigger file then others can get alert and ask if they want that file to be sync or not

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found out there is a limit and tired to sync my files from DropBox to OneDrive and most of them can't move because there is a limit.
    The limit should be removed completely.

• nelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahora presento que se me ha borrado todo el archivo limpiado le viro que se encontró , le agradezco todo que pueda hacer gracias

• Markus Kerschis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to use another Cloud File Storage at the moment because we regulary have bigger files than 15GB. Our Files are at least 40-45 GB.
    When will there be a competitive solution?

• Andrew Boniface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase file size limit above 15gb. My business generates large CAD and modelling files. At the moment I am forced to use dropbox for files, but would rather use OneDrive.

• David Morczinek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the file size limit. Our organization has to go back to Dropbox as we have multiple files around 25-50GB that we can’t upload. Google has a 5TB limit, Dropbox is unlimited- the Microsoft limit seems unreasonable at this time and leads to an inferior product.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase the upload limit tp 100TB. The value of OneDrive Business (Plan 2) for us is reduced considerably by this limitation. This is for our Art Department who need to upload 4K videos.
    Drobox has limit of 50GB vs 15GB for OneDrive

← Previous 1 3

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base