OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Integrate Microsoft's SyncToy with OneDrive

Microsofts's SyncToy has been a staple app for me in syncing files on my laptop hard drive to an external hard drive. It seems this software could be integrated into OneDrive so that those of us who want 100% certainty that our files saved to OneDrive (in the cloud) are also accessible when we are working offline (from our Laptop\PCs native hard drive).

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All SyncToy needs is to be able to 'see' ALL of the files on your OneDrive cloud, not just the ones being synchronized to C: with OneDrive.
    Huge numbers of people are upgrading to SSD's for their C drive now for performance reasons and offloading personal files to an internal or external large capacity drive. These files cannot be backed up with SyncToy because the cloud isn't visible to it. One Drive can't be used to do that because it would quickly overwhelm the fast, but small capacity SSD. This is a gaping hole in the capabilities of OneDrive and SyncToy. The C: centric nature of OneDrive and SyncToy kills its true potential. Solution: Google.

• E Dmitri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI this is necessary because there is no echo function for ONe Drive which means it cannot be used as a full back up for safety reasons - very important to have all echo sync and other options on one drive for maximum efficiency

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base