OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date.

For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date. For example, when I share a file with you, that link should expire after, say, two weeks. I should be able to change that default at the admin level. Or as a user I might want to change it per shared file. and when it is about to expire, please warn me so I can choose to extend it or not.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeffrey L Hatton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

t is helpful to be able to set a default expiration date on files shared on OneDrive with people outside the organization such as 30 days, for reasons of file-sharing best practices in case the user doesn't specify an expiration date for the sharing. However, it's critical that the admin also be able to choose whether users within the organization can set expiration dates beyond the default date to meet the needs of the file they are sharing.

(As a point of feedback, I spent an hour on the phone with one of your customer service representatives trying to understand if it's possible for a user within our organization to set the expiration date for a particular file past the date set on our OneDrive Admin Center for the default expiration for files. After an hour, I just had the answer that this is not possible and the Microsoft help representative did not provide me with a way to submit feedback on the call after I asked multiple times.)

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base