OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Work out sync glitches

onedrive doesn't sync properly between devices. Old versions or missing new files on different devices. Sync-ing is essential! Which is why i'm going back to Dropbox.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alan McGinty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jessica Prescott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! This is my biggest issue also. As soon as the sync has problems the only way to "repair" it is to start a new sync of ALL the files. Hours of work and saved files lost, who's got the most up to date version, my computer? The online version? Or my boss who is also using working out of the same file as me and is also having sync issues. I have 14,000 files in our shared file folder and it takes 24-48 hours to get all my files back.

• Ted Kull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more. I have been using OneDrive (both Business and Personal accounts) and while the "Personal" version has made many improvements, what I really need is the business version to become rock solid so that I can roll it out to my office. As it is now, I cannot or I will see bunch of problems and complaints and staff will loose confidence and we will never have success. The fact is that a reliable solution that can stack up against Dropbox is all that is needed but seems to just not be happening. This is killing me because it is making one of the most attractive features of our Office365 subscription just not viable. PLEASE, PLEASE, FIX THIS. If Dropbox can do it I have to believe this is just a matter of focusing the resources and getting it done but, honestly what there is of the remaining market (existing customers) will not wait much longer and I am already considering other solutions that will cost me more money just so I can have something that will fulfill the promise of OneDrive for Business.

• John M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And if there's a sync problem, at least let us see which version is on the server and which version is on the device before we have to choose! Flipping a coin and losing 3 hours of work...sucks.

OneDrive Archive: Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base