OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow documents that you share to everyone to be embedded and viewed without authentication

If you share a document in OneDrive for Business (SharePoint too) to the everyone group as read only, and then un-tick the box "Require sign-in" when you share it, you receive an error if you try and view the document if you are not logged in.

I have attached a document outlining the procedure I am going through. This functionality is available in OneDrive Personal, but not through OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Please look to add this as it would be very useful for teachers wishing to embed resources without having to get students to go through the login process repeatedly.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Westbrook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nan.P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just lost 10 customers from a small business who moved to OneDrive for business due to its convenient 1TB storage. but had to seem them go fast due to the fact that this option is not available can someone give us a solid reason as to why this was never implemented ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is an essential development to allow Office 365 to be used with Virtual Learning Environments such as Frog Learn.

• Gideon Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those of us using Virtual Learning Environments or web based support resources such as Wikispaces desperately need the embed feature. School infrastructure will not support whole scale personal one drives and one drive for business/Sharepoint is the model being used with Office365. It would be nice if you listen to the little people for once :O)

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base