OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

I need to change default domain associated with Sharepoint/One-drive and apparently I cannot.

The default domain associated with our One Drive for Business and the relates Sharepoint account is tied to an old company name that we no longer use. For legal reasons I need to change that domain from what it is presently, to a new one, as it uses our old company name. Anyhow - I've bene through several different tech support contacts and it appears that this cannot be changed at all -- it was set by our original account set-up process and therefore tied to us as is forever. I find this ludicicrous as everything else related to domains has been able to be changed (such as the the fault domain for emails in Exchange). This means we cannot use One Drive to share files with our clients or folks outside our company as the default URL for the file sharing link contains our old company name. Please correct me if this is wrong information. I'm baffled as OneDrive and Sharepoint both are exactly what we need to be using and we pay for it for 92 users, and now we cannot use it because of this one inflexible setting related to the root domain of the Sharepoint site. Furthermore, I can apply alternet custom domains to my Sharepoint sites... and we have no intention of using those sites, but the one used for Filesharing can't be changed? I'm baffled.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charles Yeomans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absolutely crazy, companies merge and take over companies or just get renamed all the time. Typical young developers who don't work in the real world.
    They should allow at least a new setup and then migration of all the data and licenses.

• Chase Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, "onedrive.company.com" is far nicer than "company-my.sharepoint.com/". Much more professional looking as well. This is a definite must.

• Charlie Rube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I knew this was a limitation initially, but I figured it would have been addressed by now. I just contacted support and they say no, still can't change the name. That's pretty bad.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base