OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

make it possible to completely uninstall onedrive.

Microsoft should make a patch that enables the customer to completely uninstall onedrive. Any software should be available to those who want it, or want to pay for it. But forcing it upon customers is unacceptable and undemocratic. Please discuss?

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Got OneDrive with a Win 10 update. Don't know what it does, never asked for it, it's on my start menu but cannot be uninstalled from start menu, settings/apps or even appwiz or powershell. Microsoft - I want to decide MYSELF which apps are uninstalled. Chatted to OneDrive support several times and they are useless

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even though i deactivated this enoying app in every way google results proposed it still pops up asking me to register. what the actual ****?

• Benjamin Coo. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, as I use Google Drive as a cloud option, I have no need for Onedrive which always starts whenever I save local documents. I tried Onedrive just to see if it worked well, but all it gave me were constant syncing issues on my documents...My work was in danger of being lost until I switched back to Google Drive where my work is constantly saved properly. It also syncs properly with all my devices, unlike Onedrive. I wish I could get rid of Onedrive...It's an annoyance to me.

• Juan Carlos Zuniga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I payed OneDrive but I have an error to charge and sync all devices. Start my OneDrive on PC and It can´t posible show an error and close OneDrive ...

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree, i have others. every cloud costs system resources. for one drive i must pay, when i want more. tor the others too. i dont want always the question to log in into ondrive account.
    Sometimes, microsoft programs do what they want, unspoken. they reduced my win8.1 pro to a win10 home. And now i should pay for a upgrade. like this they microsoft act also with other things like one dirve. there are smal written messages, what we will not see in the haste of the installation. And microsoft as a system owner think, they can change things easy. also with the explorer. i have Firefox from the beginning and always the same music also here. i dont want internet explorer. asf asf asf. brb

• Adam Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I've talked to microsoft support 3 times and none of them can actually uninstall the program. I mean, I like Windows and all, but let me pick what I put on my computer. Violation of trust, Microsoft.

OneDrive Archive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base