OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Really fix Photo background uploading in iOS

I'm running the latest version of OneDrive on iOS 8.3 on an iPhone 6 Plus and this feature doesn't work as intended. Even with background refresh On and the location settings set to Always, I still have to manually open the app for new photos in my Camera Roll to sync to OneDrive. The only thing having Location set to Always gives me is a badge counter of how many photos need to be uploaded. It is never performed automatically. Please fix.

Additionally, I would prefer that automatic photo uploads from my Camera Roll to OneDrive be performed without leveraging Location Services. Letting it run in the background to collect new photos should be adequate.

1,731 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
hoytler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
redirect to support  ·  Douglas Pearce responded  · 

Thank you for reporting. We are working to address complaints about iOS camera backup, and the best way to get an issue resolved is to submit your ticket through in-app support. This lets us use logs and personal account information to help debug the problem.

Our team will continue to make product reliability a top priority, and we use UserVoice to hear from our community which features you’d like to see the team work on next.

114 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature as well... and yes I agree to the below comments, a shame for Microsoft... Either say its not working on iPhone or fix it... but this is just embarrasing...

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sadly I'm not the only one battling this issue. We use one drive for business and having to ask our operatives for year to send photos... we welcomed the idea of background cameroll roll. It only seem to load when you refresh onedrive app i.e. open it. One would thing that then leaving it on in the background should be enough but it isn't.

Do we ask out operatives to refresh app or send photos by email? Still having to ask...

• Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem AGAIN. This was fixed once when i wipe out my entire Camera Roll folder on OneDrive. For some reason this issue has return and now it just stuck at "Setting Things Up"....
    Please Help!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this never work? Is it an iOS issue?

I switched to OneDrive photo syncing because iCloud for Windows was so unreliable.

Hello, Microsoft- aren't you embarrassed that this function is STILL not reliable as of this date- I have week-old pictures sitting on my iPhone and iPad that haven't uploaded, yet the app says it's "up-to-date"? I give up- switching to Dropbox, it actually works...

• Perro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

July 2 2018 - 3 years and almost 3 months and it still doesn't work!. Unbelievable!!!!.

• Tristan Leck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's surprising to me that this issue hasn't been addressed yet, especially 3 years on. Background photo uploading is vital function of the app for many personal and business users. Other cloud storage providers have this figured out on iOS. Perhaps Microsoft should concentrate on the reliability of currently available features before developing new ones...

• Frustrated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see you guys are working REALLY hard at this. 3 Years and NO Solution!! Dropbox doesn't have this problem..

• Valeriob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is absurd, it makes the app useless if you can’t rely on it working properly

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this issue ever be fixed? I was on iPhone 6, now iPhone X and the problem never went away....

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iPhone X - same issue. Very sad, that it needs research and try & error until you give up with OneDrive at some point!

• Peter Kuikman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disabled camera upload becuase my videos got corrupted at some point. Until today, never able to fix it (uninstalling the onedrive app, trying diffirent settings etc). I now use the photo app to sync the photos with the ightning cable connected. Pretty sad, but camera upload is pretty useless for me now. Using iPhone 7.

Having the same issue too. iPhone 8, version 9.9. I believe this may have something to do with doing a large upload to OneDrive using Sync from PC. Was working fine until around October I believe

Same issue on iPhone 7 plus, iOS 11.2.1, OneDrive Version 9.815. I really want this to work as advertised. Trying to like this app but such a fix and no MS Reply is making it hard to use this app.

• OTHMAN ALQATTAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue running 11.1.2, two years later and its still not fixed? ****.. think I'm switching back to G-Drive.

• Laurenz Vien Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue with my iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 11.2.1 and onedrive 9.8.15. This feature seemed to work when I haven’t moved my files to onedrive however, after uploading 30GB worth of files it stopped working. I created a new account to test and it’s working there but I don’t want to use that new account and still want to use my old account. Please fix this MS.

• Mark Cressey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here with IPhone 6S IOS 11.1.2 but after a lot of trial and error I discovered by turning off IPhone native iPhoto backup to ICloud. Settings >Photos turn off ICloud photo library then OneDrive camera upload started to work. May not work for other users or you still want to use Icloud but its worth a try :-)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

OneDrive Archive: iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base