OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Sell only personal OneDrive in all bundled subscriptions

There are a few SharePoint enthusiasts in this world, but they are few and far between. For most customers the backend SharePoint database is making OneDrive for Business an inferior product compared to the personal OneDrive or Dropbox.

Issues specific to OneDrive for Business that I have personally encountered are [1] changes made to files / file sizes, [2] randomization of the "modified dates", [3] unacceptable characters in file names, [4] unacceptable paths and [5] sync client crashes.

For me and I suspect most other business customers this is a horrible product / service! I cannot use it for anything that needs to be even slightly reliable, which means it cannot really be used for anything at all.

MS can then offer a separate SharePoint service in the Office 365 product spectrum for those few SharePoint enthusiasts out there who are looking for the specific SharePoint functionality and who are therefore willing to accept all the constraints this implies.

The poor OneDrive for Business is forcing me to consider switching from my current bundled Enterprise Office 365 subscription to a Personal one and I believe that is the opposite of what MS is trying to achieve.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sindre Ulvund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon