OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow management of file types in One Drive for Business

I think it would be nice to have the ability to allow or disallow certain file types in OneDrive for Business. I believe internal (Office 365) management would be more advantageous rather than going off the Microsoft "master list"

I ran into this issue trying to upload the portable version of Google Chrome which uses .json files. It wasn't a huge issue, but the ability to allow or disallow extensions would be pretty nice.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Kuntz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto what Bob Lenth said. Please stop syncing of desktop-xxxxxxx.ini files - it is frustrating to have them continually pushed onto the document repositories.

• Bob Lenth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please block these desktop-xxxxxxx.ini files from automatically being uploaded to SharePoint documents folders during sync. These are of no use to end users and we should not be seeing them in SharePoint.

• Tom Sluijter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our org we spent a lot of effort implementing FSRM (for cost saving and legal reasons) now we are migrating to OneDrive that will be all lost, please make the option to block any file type we feel needed available in OneDrive a.s.a.p.

OneDrive Archive: OneDrive for Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base