Allow root-level sharing of one's entire OneDrive.
I would love to be able to give my wife global access to my OneDrive account by sharing the root folder. Currently I can only share sub-folders.
Ashutosh Kumar commented
The steps shared by Dude Stevens worked for me. Thanks
Dude Stevens commented
It is possible!! - remember that the OneDrive files work like an individual's SharePoint Document Library. *note: I use this practice in OneDrive for Business
- Open the user's OneDrive Documents (root, top level) and click the gear next to the profile in the upper right
- select Site Settings
- select Site Permissions
there will be a yellow alert box stating that content on the site exists with different permissions assigned
- click the "Show these items" hyperlink
a dialog pops up
- select the "manage permissions" hyperlink next to Documents
- click the Grant Permissions button in the ribbon
- you are then presented with the standard OneDrive/SharePoint share dialog box for the root, top level, parent of all folders and files in the user's OneDrive.
Sam LaRoche says this is possible in OD for Business, but I am not finding that to be the case. Most of our staff want their administrative assistants to have access to their files, and it will be very helpful if the entire OneDrive for Business folder can be shared instead of having to create a sub-folder and put everything in it just to be able to share.
Sam LaRoche commented
FYI, this is possible in OneDrive for business.
In my case work with my kids.