OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

OneDrive Peer-to-Peer / Mesh Sync

From an architectural point of view, I really see OneDrive on top of a P2P foundation (BitTorrent Sync, Live Mesh, ....).

This will bring an answer to so many requests in this channel, like Syncing over LAN, or differential/delta Syncing, ....

This would also provide a foundation for managing very large files and a potential integration with Azure Backup / Disaster Recevory services.

A real eco-system of services could be built on top of that.

It is also perfectly compatible with the idea of P2P + Cloud where the OneDrive storage as we know today is a node among others.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Olivier Hault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be the biggest reason I have used other services over OneDrive. I would switch completely in a heartbeat for this!!

• Ant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old MS Mesh sync was awesome. OneDrive should have this build in so all my computers in my house don't all pull down from the cloud and kill my bandwidth.
    Every time I rebuild a computer I got to pull down 60GB from the cloud, this is very stupid, wouldn't be to bad if I could do a ROBOCOPY from one local machine to another to get my OneDrive up to date (manual sync over LAN), but this is not supported by MS.

OneDrive Archive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base