OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

Allow push notifications for the OneDrive app when files are added/deleted/edited

967 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the original request. This should be for any file change within a folder tree. I would like this on the mobile version so my phone can notify me when a new file is added anywhere beneath a folder I'm watching. My use case is I have my NAS backup surveillance videos to my OneDrive account. I would like to get notified on my phone when new videos show up.

• Camille F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried to modify an alert and then i deleted the alert. It still shows and emails everyone when a new files is created. It is not showing in my list of alerts. How can I delete?

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it is awesome that you have implemented notifications for edits and shares - but the original suggestion here included adds and deletions (and actually it didn't indclude "shared"). Asking for a new request which would then need to be upvoted seems at little counter-productive to me. Especially considering it took 2½ years from the original request until it was (partially) implemented.

Also, a lot of people (myself included) was actually thinking of the desktop application and not the mobile apps, which, to me, is the place where it would make the most sense.

To me, this idea cannot be marked as done yet. Far from it. If you want to go ahead and create separate items for this in your internal issue tracking system, please be my guest.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this is really something that should be implemented long time ago. Common!

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more scenario:
    Say someone shares a folder or file with me. I want to be notified about it.
    If it's a folder, I also want to be able to immediately enable that folder to sync to my computer.

• EJ P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, it is very important to be able to see when, what, and who are making the edits to shared documents in real time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately waiting for it ,
    It may be optional , it is very important otherwise we have to communicate by mobile etc,
    Even it requires short note facility too for both end for sheared file/folder

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's really important to have this funcionality. Most of the competitors have it and it's kind of
    basic right now.

• BrianH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using OneDrive for Business all the time now really need this asap

• Thanh Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think OneDrive should be add function notification when files are added/deleted/edited on taskbar or "Action center " of window 10. I don't like the way OneDrive send notification to my email every time when files are changed, this way make my mail box so terrible.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notification is VERY IMPORTANT to alert people when someone is editing, deleting or uploading a new document. It should be made more user-friendly for users when sharing folders!!

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very surprised this still doesn't exist. very much tablestakes.

• Oomek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting any notifications on my PC or iPad when someone adds a file to the folder I'm sharing. Is it something wrong with my setup, or that feature is just not yet implemented?

← Previous 1

OneDrive Archive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base