OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve sync/upload/download speeds using the desktop client

I don't know what's the reason, but the integrated onedrive syncing in Windows 8.1 is terribly slow for me. For both uploading and downloading files, on multiples devices and on many different networks.

It feels like it's an issue with the desktop syncing, because through the web app I get way higher speeds.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    174 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Angus Logan responded

Yesterday we announced increased Sync client performance https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive-now-supports-10-gb-files/

“As part of our push to continue improving the OneDrive desktop experience, we’ve increased the number of files that can be downloaded or uploaded at a given time on PCs and Macs. In internal tests, this parallel syncing netted an approximately threefold increase in syncing speed. Our performance enhancements have begun rolling out and will be available worldwide in the coming weeks.”

I’ll flag this as completed but performance updates (similar to security are never really completed, they are always being worked on. Let me know if yo uwant this reopened.

2. Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate betwe

Please give the ability to see all shared folders on Windows explorer (like Dropbox: shared folders have another icon to differentiate between them and your own folders)
    Or make an extra folder named "shared" where you can find every shared file (like in the OneDrive app)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Skydrive.exe perpetual crash/restart Windows 8.1 issue

Pick a link, any link: http://www.bing.com/search?q=skydrive.exe+crashing+%22windows+8.1%22&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE11SR

I'm seeing this issue on multiple Win 8.1 boxes. No idea what's causing it or how to fix it. I ran the troubleshooter today and it's still running after nearly an hour. Leaving it overnight.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Omar Shahine responded

We need more details on this one, once can get in touch with us we can take it from there. This could be more than one issue.

4. One Drive Sync from an external drive without PC

I am using Microsoft surface Pro 3, but due to limited storage on the Tablet, I use an external drive (external hard disk) to store all my files and as daily hard disk.

Right now there is no way to do a sync OneDrive with an External Drive. It would very helpful, if I can sync my external Hard Disk with One Drive, without going though my Surface Pro 3.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix OneDrive sync "processing changes" problem with Windows 10

Installed Windows 10. Since then, I've had non-stop problems with OneDrive. I rely on OneDrive to a great extent. I've spent the past five days troubleshooting and almost fixed it by right clicking on the OneDrive folder, Properties, Security, Advanced, then checking "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" and clicking OK. However, whenever I reboot, I lose Permissions again and OneDrive stops syncing. Ex. After rebooting, if I click on a folder inside my OneDrive folder, I'll get a pop up saying "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks – we believe we fixed in this in a recent update (working around an ACL issue present in Windows). If you still run into problems, the best action to take is connect with our engineers via our support mechanism. You can click on the cog in the upper right on the website and choose Feedback→Report a problem. Thank you!

6. Make it so my one drive is actually protected!

I recently lost 3 years of work docs. I use my one drive for everything. and recently my laptop got ransomware. within minutes every file on my one drive had been encrypted. As a result ever device I have synced with it lost those files. My suggestion is to create a protection that would recognize when every file is being encrypted and stop it. or at least warn the party before it allows it to sync on other devices. You advertise that my files are protected, It seems thought that protecting them from this sort of situation would be most…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. i do not use one drive because i do not want anyone to have access to my files

I dislike the idea of my files being help by a third party it just leaves them open to being hacked as we can all see this happening all the time to data bases for stores that we use

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. We take privacy and security very seriously and do our best to protect user data.

8. If not "One Product" ... at least One Way...

Here is my problem! Long text here.

Q: What is this "One" all of us discuss? And what is behind it?
    Is it "One = Single" Product? or any "single" independent thing?
    I struggle to understand this "ONE"...
    A: There is no "one". :) Yet. But maybe it could be "One way" ...

Windows is not just a kernel - it's a service too. It should provide necessary help to do your job - Like Cortana - when accessing some API's.
    But what Cortana can do if there is no API to use?

So here is my problem: Let's take…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi Elvis,

I recommend you submit this on the Windows UserVoice!

windows.uservoice.com

2 Next →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base