OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use local server as cache for off-line file access and on-premise backups

Most businesses cannot forego the use of local file server storage. They want offline access to files, they need their storage to be compatible with Line of Business (LOB) software and they need local networking speeds.

By providing a "local OneDrive cache" that can run on a Windows Server, customers would be able to benefit from local network performance and offline (no internet) access to shared files. Maybe more importantly, businesses could backup their OneDrive data through their regular backups software therefore getting rid of three major business objections in one go and paving the way for wider adoption.

Ideally,…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      14 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

123 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        13 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please buy/look at 'Zee Drive' and incorporate it into ODFB

The product 'Zee Drive' by Thinkscape has some great ideas on how to achieve reliable use of ODFB for everyday desktop client users. It relies on a 'localhost server' and connect to 365 via standard public APIs, to fake a network drive which is centrally configured to 'mount' folders, which can actually be ODFB/SP libraries or network shares. It allows a network administrator to deploy different mounted folders to different user groups.

If this idea of a 'fake network drive' were incorporated with OFDB, it would have numerous advantages. For one, the OFDB client could rely on a document database…

123 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Implement the function/option to hide the [+] icon which displayed on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business.

I am aware that each user can create an Office 365 group by clicking the [+] icon which appears on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business. To prevent this, I carried out cmdlets to control from the Microsoft Planner, therefore Microsoft Teams also became unusable at the same time.

Then I have been changing the settings to activate Teams, however, each user is still able to create Office 365 groups from their own OneDrive for Business screen.
          For the ease of management, I hope the feature will be implemented enables controlling to hide the [+] icon (to create…

113 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Provide the feature to be able to confirm the expiration date information of anonymous guest links on the screen (UI).

For the ease of management, I would like to the status from the list on the screen(UI) when the anonymous guest link of the expiration date has met. Let me explain the current behaivor below.

1. Select an item in OneDrive for Business, Set the expiration date of an anonymous guest link and sharing the data.
            2. Even if the anonymous guest link expires and the user cannot view it, [Sharing] status displays as [Sharing in progress].

So that, I hope the function will be added that provides the status of each anonymous guest link on the interface whether the…

106 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • make Groove Music compatable with one drive for business

i have a One Drive for Business account that i am paying for but now also have to pay for a One Drive personal account because Groove Music will not work with my Business account

103 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • OneDrive for Business - Support multiple OneDrive languages by default

I work in a very large company. The default language of our tenant is set to FR.
                However, we have thousands of users in numerous countries.
                For now, when a user chooses to change his preferred language in O365, all user interfaces change to the choosen language BUT OneDrive.
                We determine that if we want the "OneDrive For Business" language to be changed, accordingly to the user language settings, we have to set additional languages from each user interface, and then modify every single user profil to use advanced language settings as desired...
                Just a mess!
                And imagine that we…

103 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Check in / Check out for the "new" OneDrive interface

When working within the "new" OneDrive interface I cannot find a way to check-in or check-out documents for editing. As a work around I have

101 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Remove synced file when team site permissions change

Consider the following scenario:
                    1) Create a folder in a team site
                    2) Have person X use the OneDrive for Business sync client to sync the team site to their PC
                    3) Change permissions on the folder such that person X no longer has even read or view access.
                    4) Have person X sync.

The files they no longer have access to remain on their PC. This is a fairly major security problem. Support told me that when permissions change I need to have everyone remove and recreate their syncs. This is obviously completely impossible to actually make work in…

100 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • implement the feature enabling to create OneDrive for Business's (OneDrive.exe) sync foler within the partition exclud

I am aware that the data in PC is generally designed to be saved within C drive. I am currently worrying about the possibility of PC performance degradation due to lack of storage capacity so I hope the feature to be implemented that enables to create One Drive for Business's (OneDrive.exe) sync folder within the partition excluding C drive or PC' housed drive.

99 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Sync client / Files On-Demand support for Windows 10 virtual desktops (VDI)

In 2018 we will begin a 12 month deployment of Windows 10 + Office 365. 45,000 physical devices will be replaced and 15,000 devices will be turned into kiosks accessing virtual desktops. Would like to incorporate OneDrive into the personal data namespace, but you explicitly state there is no support for the sync client (and thus Files On-Demand) for virtual desktops (VDI), and that eliminates OneDrive usage for all since the user experience has to be identical across physical and virtual. If I can't do it for virtual then I can't do it for physical.

Request explicit statement of support…

96 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Default external sharing e-mail confusing for end-users

The default e-mail sent to an external user for sharing a document is confusing. The end-user needs to click the document name to be able to edit or open the document. This is OK, but the text directly below the document states:

This is a mandatory service communication. To set your contact preferences for other communications, click here.

Lots of end-users do click the link "Click here" and think this relates to the edit document proces. This is not the case, they navigate to an error page that states:

Sorry, that didn't work

You signed in with your Microsoft account

95 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Allow me to rename my onedrive folder name. The nomenclature "OneDrive - Your Company Name" is unnecessarily long

The file path limit of 256 characters is very limiting and annoying in and of itself. It is crazy that the mandatory folder name for the OneDrive for business folder is "OneDrive - Your Business Name". For my business, this adds on almost 20 characters! I already have a cloud service and when I tried to drag my folders over, many files will not sync simply because of this long folder name. I am forced to go back and re-work my folder and file structure.

95 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Online Viewer Support for Autocad Files *.dwg

Please add support for Autocad files.

As a global production company we use a fair amount of 2D layouts in our projects. We have recently started using SharePoint Online and Onedrive for manageing and standardising Projects. While our office workers love working with supported documents in SharePoint, our engineers hates it. It's a very cumbersome task, to always download - upload every 2D layout in order to work with them.

If we just could get a viewer it would be a good start enabling Autocad support and a great help to us.

94 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to edit offline files on iOS and Android

Provide the same functionality that is available in Windows and MacOS sync clients that allows offline files to be edited. Curently read-only

(NOTE: Files marked offline are read-only - you can edit the file only when you're online. If you edit the file offline, it saves as a new file, and does not change the original OneDrive file.)

92 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • provide me with the authorization while creating a "Share with everyone" folder.

When I start to use the One Drive for Business within Power Shell, I enable the cmdlet in which the "Share with everyone" folder generates automatically and the authorization is given.

The reference that I checked:
                                  https://support.office.com/en-us/article/6bb02c91-fd0b-42ba-9457-3921cb6dc5b2

Although at this point, I am able to finish completing the creation of folder, I hope the behavior to be improved that enables to give authorization properly to me because I have no authorization that I am supposed to be given.

92 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Download folder

I would like to have the ability to download a folder as a .zip ind One Drive for Business like in One Drive.

91 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • monitor sync

i need to be able to get an alert or extract from an endpoint or login to the admin portal to know when there is sync problem. currently, the only way to know if there's a sync problem is from the user - and by the time the user tells me, it's too late. again, either a dashboard in the Admin portal that shows the sync errors or i need to be able to extract some event ID, log file or other from an endpoint to identify when there's a problem to schedule time to correct the issue - or…

89 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • XML Export/Import of your current (filtered) document libraries

More and more people have more than one device. I like to have an export/import XML Structure of the current filtered document libs folders. So then I'm able to import these configuration on another device without doing the time consuming filter job.

89 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • OneDrive on Linux

we are a diverse org. we use PC , MAC and Liunx. it is realy good to have a client for OneDrive on Linux

88 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 160 161

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base