OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thumbnails for images in OneDrive for Business

In One Drive For business there is not the possibility to have a thumbnail preview of an image as it is in public OneDrive. This is a Great limitation from the User Experience Point of view.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the virus detection function

Quoting customer:
    Currently, the virus detection function of SharePoint Online, including OneDrive for Business, only works for files of up to 25 MB. Files exceeding that size are not being scanned.
    Please improve the virus detection function, so that bigger files can also be scanned.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement proper re-indexing to allow Onedrive to re-index local files and prevent entire library download

It is absolutely absurd that this is the only sync engine that is still not intelligent enough when operations from moving the onedrive folder to reinstallation/repair to actually intelligently look at the existing file/folder structure that in many cases is exactly in sync. Instead, both Onedrive and Onedrive for Business INSIST on re-sync and re-downloading possibly hundreds of gigs of data when the correct data bit for bit was sitting right in front of it locally, already.

This should not be that difficult since every other sync engine (dropbox, box, etc.) can re-sync a local folder without forcibly resyncing and…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save a bookmark to OneDrive

In BOX I could create a new Bookmark and save it to OneDrive - where you click "new" and have choice of Word, Excel, a New folder, etc. It would be great to have this ability in OneDrive. I used it often to save links that are related to the files in my doc library.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically Manage OneDrive Sync Settings Across Multiple Devices For a user

As it currently stands, if a user is using multiple devices (like a desktop and then a laptop for field work) and he uses OneDrive to sync his files to the cloud then the folders to be synced setting is not replicated across all his devices automatically.

That is the user would have to set a new folder to be synced on his desktop and then open his laptop to do the same. This is tedious and unnecessary since he is logged in with the same account on all these client instances and their settings should automatically sync across all…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow OneDrive to choose folders from your computer to sync without moving them inside the OneDrive location.

Google Drive currently has this feature where you can select folders from your computer that will automatically be backed up to the cloud. With OneDrive you can only backup files that are inside the OneDrive directory. I really wish I could simply select which folders I want to backup without having to move them to another location.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Larger Than 10GB Uploads

Allow larger than 10GB file uploads

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Local of sync Shared with Me

Please create the possibility to make a local sync of the Shared with Me folder.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. prevent child files & folders from inheriting the modified date from parent folder

Currently if I rename a high level folder, all the subfolders and files in that parent folder change their modified date to the date I renamed the parent folder. This is extremely confusing. As soon as I move folders to reorganize or rename a folder, I lose the specific information on everything inside those folders. In my work I revisit files from year to year and need to know which files are from which year. This needs to behave like it does on a desktop with file explorer!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One way sync, modify only sync

When many users sync a sharepoint document library to their local machine, they have a copy of the synced document. Modifications to this copy get synced back by design.

Even delete actions. You cannot prevent users from accidentially removing a synced folder on their system. Sometimes they forget to stop the sync before removing a folder, sometimes they are just not aware of the fact that a delete will get synced.

As this action gets replicated to the sharepoint library, the documents are wiped everywhere, (including other people who are syncing the directory).

It's a lot of administratove effort to…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want control over simultaneous editing on the Excel client

In previous versions of the Excel client application, the message “Another user is currently editing this file” would appear if a second user was accessing a file that was already being edited and it was obvious for the second user that they cannot edit the file. However, with files synced in the Excel folder of the OneDrive.exe, other users also can access files that are currently being edited and there is no error message. I want a notification that indicates that another user is currently editing the file.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be aware of the inappropriate behavior happens for One Drive for Business.

I am aware of the menu screen is displayed, but disappears, apparently when right-clicking on a document or folder. Please see the steps below,

• Displayed OneDrive for Business via Internet Explorer, then right click on the document or folder

• Although items [Sharing] [Get Link] [Download] [Delete] [Move] are displayed for a moment, but they are disappearing immediately on screen so that we cannot click them.

Configuration:
    - Internet Explorer 11 with Windows10
    - Internet Explorer 11 with Windows8.1

I hope the featutre will be implemented to fix this problem as soon as possible.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Preserve file date/time stamps when uploading and downloading with OneDrive

Everytime you upload or download a file to OneDrive it overwrites the datetime stamp of the file. This is completely unacceptable that a cloud storage provider alters the files that you store. Please correct this bug urgently.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. implement the feature that could enable to upload automatically a screenshot.

I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to upload automatically the screenshot available and acquired in the private One Drive since it is convenient if I could use the feature even within One Drive for Business keeping the large capability for saving.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Copy link option needed in new OneDrive UI

In the new One Drive UI for Office 365 the option to get to the file link has disappeared (it is there in the Classic UI). So now I can't copy the link and share it in emails which sucks. Hopefully One Drive is not going the route of Google Docs where they obfuscate links and create a new one for each version - that's a really bad design and one big reason why I use Office 365 instead of Google Docs.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Onedrive users to better manage folders in 'shared with me' view

Currently when folders are shared with me I am unable to manage those folders effectively. The 'shared with me' view needs the following:

• ability to leave folders myself (am stuck with folders shared with me until the other person can unsure them)

• a way to manage folders shared with me by creating a folder and then moving shared folders into it (this will solve the issue of having hundreds of shared folders in one view)

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. improve the feature enabling to display the search result of user along with 2 characters in case of file sharing.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : ファイル共有時にユーザーを検索する際に、2 文字で候補に表示されるようにしてほしい

■内容: OneDrive for Business でファイルを共有する際に、ユーザー名を検索しようとすると3文字以上入力しないと候補として表示されません。日本人の苗字は 2 文字で構成されていることが多いため、苗字だけで検索できないのは不便です。検索候補を 2 文字の入力で表示するか、一覧から選択する機能を要望します。

When I perform the share of OneDrive for Business file and search the user name, I am unable to show the search result unless I enter more than 3 characters. I feel it inconvenient if I could be unable to make any search for the user name with its Sir name because Japanese Sir name consists of two letters. Therefore, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable me either to show a search selection along with two characters or to choose the…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share folders with others company workers in Next Generation OneDrive For Business

How I can share the folders with my workers so their next generation onedrive for business client will download the shared folder to their computers? Its must be possible inside the company!

Thank you!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drive Mapping solution for shared computers in Education

We have had to rely on a WebDAV drive mapping for our student computers as we can't have them syncing their OneDrive to the computer. They share computers and frequently do not use the same computer from day to day.

It would be great if we could somehow provide a drive letter to students so they could access their files in a traditional manner, but for it to be more robust and reliable than a WebDAV mapping.

Throw in the ability to redirect "Documents" to that location as well and we suddenly have a solution we can depend on and…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. improve the behavior concerning the preview shown after selecting the item in One Drive for Business.

Once I put a check mark for the file within One Drive for Business and click the mark of [i] meaning the information, the file preview once checked is normally shown. However, I would say that the behavior is unstable under any specified conditions because depending on a file type, the preview is not always visible. I hope this behavior to be improved. Additionally, I wish the file lists or the conditions to be publicized that would enable to be shown as the previews.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base