OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove duplicate files & pictures tool

For what ever reason most of my over the limit problem is that your app on the computer allowed files with the same name from the same computer to be uploaded. three times i had the same pictures on my one drive. Why will that happen?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem: OneDrive synchronization status mismatch

When OneDrive performing synchronization, status of clicking the taskbar icon and mouse over display does not match. Mouseover the icon shows old status.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Properly Sync One Drive Across Devices

I deleted dozens of files from One Drive via my PC. About a week later the files still appear intact on One Drive when I access it via any web browser on any PC (but not locally on my PC). Wasn't syncing across multiple devices part of Microsoft's main sell for using Windows 10? What's the point of using it if it can't sync properly across devices? Have you tried enabling change tracking on the DBs?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow opening of password protected MS office files with ease.

Unable to open password protected documents via one drive ios app. Unnecessary steps if I have to open with word app by tapping on top tool bar to just view a document, so no, that is not a solution. If both of these are Microsoft products, they should just work seamlessly. Do not over complicate things for end user. This is why people switch platforms. I'm on the verge of too. It is highly annoying and frustrating to see Dropbox and google drive support it with ease and MS fails to! Please fix this issue.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can not delete folder, deleted always comes back

can not delete folder, deleted always comes back

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move photos uploaded to OneDrive

Trying to use the photo upload function from the phone. Several problematic areas;

1) there should be an option to delete photos from phone storage after uploaded to photo. This will save a lot of memory on the phone and I do not have to go back to phone gallery to delete the photos.

2) how can I move uploaded photos to OneDrive document folders. There are photos that I needed to be working on with word or outlook and I need to attach them to the document and file them to a proper folder so I can locate them…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive must be compatible with Windows filename format for it to be useful. It's very time consuming toremove invalid characters mannually

OneDrive must be compatible with Windows filename format for it to be useful. It's very time consuming to remove invalid characters manually for thousand and thousand of files we plan to upload to OneDrive. It does not make any sense for OneDrive not to support Windows filename format.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. onedrive files on demand problems

some buggy apps cause files on demand to download all files on onedrive to the local drive and there is no way to stop it within the onedrive app. the only solution is to find the buggy app and end task it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive is unfathomably slow … and it can’t even hide it

Onedrive is unfathomably slow. I have a 15KB Excel file and it takes Onedrive *regularly* a good 5 minutes to sync this tiny file (with a good 8 Mb/s Internet connection). Even worse though, Onedrive is incapable of hiding its performance problems. From a user’s perspective one would expect that Onedrive would allow me to continue my work while it tries to upload 15KB. But no. What happens is that if I save a file while that file is still being uploaded, Excel will grey out and I cannot continue my work until the pending and the new save have…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow me to log the bloody **** out of onedrive!!!!!

The onedrive web interface doesn't have the logout button, which means I cannot log out of my work network and into my private account, other than using another browser or clearing all cookies!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Photos taken in Burst Mode - iOS Camera Upload Bug

Hi there!

I have problem with uploading photos that I took in Burst Mode (continuous mode) on my iPhone 5s. Despite the fact, that automatic camera upload mode is ON, OneDrive iOS app uploads only some of them.

For example: I take 10 photos in Burst Mode. OneDrive app uploads only one of them.

How to fix the app to upload all of them ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Windows 7 - Processing Changes - Extremely long, Sync Status is Green, While Folders are Empty

Noticed a discrepancy with Sync Status Icon and Folder Content with large library sizes in Windows 7.
    1. When syncing a library 70+GB in file size the "Processing Changes" status is stuck in same status for extremely long period. (1-2 days)
    2. When status is at "Processing Changes" the Sync Status of the folder icons was "Green" while the Folders showed empty. The actual sync status when "processing changes" is occurring should be blue circle "syncing" icon, not the green "synced" icon. This was misleading to user thinking data was missing and something was wrong with folder content.
    3. After…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time zone OneDrive is incorrect

I have already had this problem for more than 3 years, I tried several times to solve it but no solution. I live in Brazil and my official time zone is (UTC-03: 00) Brasília, in my account is like São Paulo, South and Southeast of Brazil (BA, GO, DF, MG, ES) - EST only that OneDrive insists in considering my schedules with error of +5 hours.
    Real Example: I uploaded a file now, at 20:00 and on OneDrive, the same updated file is found with the time 01:00, that is, with a +5 hour error.
    My Windows time zone and…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. No Duplicates

Need a way to stop duplicate files and photos from uploading, many programs when you go to upload items will tell you that there is a file of the same name already stored and asks if you want to make a copy, it is a pain to have to go through hundreds of photos and pick out the duplicates and delete them, here are times when 5 or 6 of the same photo gets uploaded, so I have to turn off the auto upload, I would like to be able to keep it on because when I go on vacation…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Videos no longer play in browsers

Videos uploaded from an Android phone no longer open in browsers (Edge, IE11, Chrome). All my videos play fine using a desktop video player, but when uploaded to OneDrive there's just an error 'sorry, there was a problem loading the video.'

This might have something to do with video formats, because it only affects videos taken with the Nokia 8 Android phone, where videos I've uploaded previously that worked no longer open in browsers, but videos taken with an old Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 925) still work fine. Both are mp4 though.
    There's a workaround in Chrome, by enabling 'load…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sync often incorrectly deletes files when OneDrive is synced with multiple PCs

I sync my OneDrive with multiple devices. Recently, I updated the ID3v2 tags in my MP3 files in the \Music folder, and I had to resync ~70GB of music from my main PC to OneDrive. While this was happening, I disabled OneDrive on all the other devices. Once the sync was complete from the main device, I copied the updated files directly to all the other local devices that sync with OneDrive. (because it would have been stupid to have OneDrive on those PCs re-download 70GB for each device)

After that copy, when I re-enabled OneDrive on those devices, it…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Version - more maturity

This software needs some urgent updates since the installation pack Office 365 Business didn't install OneDrive on Mac and the credentials used on Word, Excel, PPTm Outlook are not valid into OneDrive. The user must find tech docs spending hours and proceed some techs steeps in order to get logged in. It spends too much time and energy and must be fixed due there is no reason to have the same credentials integrated into all Office 365 apps. Also, I don't understand the reason to keep OneDrive out of 1.3G pack downloaded during installation on Mac. Also, the credential issue…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. using new API to do resumable upload with conflict handle

I post this problem in stackoverflow:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28805408/onedrive-new-api-for-upload-conflict?noredirect=1#comment45914046_28805408

the problem is:
    follow the steps in the api doc could not override(replace) the existing file.

Is this a bug ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix bug that opens the OneDrive folder in File Explorer at random times

At least once a day, if not more, without any action on my part, the OneDrive folder in File Explorer opens and interrupts whatever I am doing. A search on the internet shows many people are frustrated by this problem, but for whatever reason, Microsoft can't or won't take action to fix it. The common suggestions to fix involve disabling OneDrive in the notification bar (which works, but it then prevents files from syncing) or to fool around with registry settings to prevent the startup **if** you know what you're doing enough to fiddle with your registry. This is most…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base