OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Photo search with daterange

It would be nice feature to search photos with a date range or approximate date range (ie. startmonth/year - endmonth/year) or by weeknumber. Thank you! :)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Memories/On This Day

Onedrive should feature the uploaded photos, taken on the current date in any past year, on the landing page for a user. The feature could have a collage of memories or an album, but should be available with 'share' option to post on Facebook or email, etc.
    This feature is already very popular on Facebook. Among cloud spaces, I've found Amazon doing this fantastically, and now even Google Drive is having the feature.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Searching Photo Albums

It would be great to be able to search using photo album titles rather than having to scroll through all the albums to find what I'm looking for. Just a thought...

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pictures

Choosing what pictures to upload instead of the app automatically uploading all new images since last use

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mirror camera roll on phone

I would very much like to have the ability to mirror my camera roll on my phone. I use OneDrive primarily as a redundancy measure for my photos. When I delete a photo I want it to be deleted from OneDrive as well. Currently when I clean up photos on my phone, I have to go to OneDrive to do the same which is a very tedious task.

I've sent a question to support asking if I delete my photos on OneDrive, disable upload on my phone and then re-enable it will make OneDrive resync my photos and the answer…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for IOS Live Photos

Hello, I have an iphone and like taking live photos but when i upload them and then try to redownload on my iphone after i deete them, they are not live anymore. Also i feel that when i redownload photos i deleted off my iphone the resolution is not as great. Thank you.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Rotate images

When you view images, sometimes they appear sideways, so having the option to rotate the image allows us to not use the screen lock button and rotating the device.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. photo sharing with comments

We need ability to share a photo or album to friends who can comment on them. If possible, they should be able to comment without logging with hotmail or outlook.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sorting Photos!!!!!

I would like to support other users who have suggested that photo Albums in OneDrive be sortable, especially alphabetically, and that photos within Albums also be sortable. Wish you could enable a feature like this TODAY. thank you.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification when new photos added to shared photo album

A friend shares a photo album with me. I would like to get notificatoon when he adds new photos to existing shared album.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Photo caching

Please have a look at the photo caching of Google Photos! You can set the cache size and have a fast photo viewing experience. Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Default sort order?

It looks like the default sort order is "Oldest" first and I wish I could change it to "Name - Ascending" for all folders and subfolders. Maybe you can give people an option to change the default. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Photos as a separate App

I love the whole concept of OneDrive and I'm using it as my FileStorage too. But please separate the Photos to another app. The best example for that would be Google Photos.

If you do a separate App way more People would store their Photos on your Platform.

Merging a File Storage with Photos isn't that what users want.

So please Microsoft, develop a standalone app for photos stored in OneDrive and do whole magic with automatic albums, face recognition etc. there.

Would be great to see that!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Smaller pics in thumbnails

Hi,
    The large thumbnails are pretty cool but they take quite a while to load. Could you guys make a third option of having smaller thumbnails like you did before? I have iPhone 6 iOS 9.0.2, more than 75GB available, extremely fast cable internet, an 88% charge, about 5 low memory/power apps open, over 1000 images in OneDrive. It's slow no matter where I try to work with them.

I work with a lot of images and I've got over 1000. Besides trying to get them to use them, looking through them is a huge chore because it takes so…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically tagging people faces and grouping

Add some type of engine which tags faces of different people automatically. I have around 138gb of photos on one drive. If you can show unique faces as a list and I click on any face, then all related photos and videos of the person should group and display separately.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow camera roll folder to mirror additional folders that are sync (or subfolders in camera roll folder)

If you turn on the feature to enable syncing of additional folders on your mobile, the folder structure should be mirrored on onedrive.

Lumping all the pictures into the camera roll folder is messy.

Treat them like individual files and mirror the folder structure on the phone or at least allow subfolders in the camera roll folder.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exclude folders for camera upload

The additional uploads folders shows every media folder on my sd card for music, hundreds of folders, one for each album. It should be possible to select to ignore a root folder and therefore all the contained sub folders. I.e ignore sdcard/music

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Photos View Like Google Photos

Photos should be sortable like Google Photos app. This includes:
    -Scrub bar on left to quickly navigate to dates.
    -Search function that works quickly to find named photo files.
    -Exclude folders from the photo viewer.

As it stands, the photos part of the app is useless to me as I cannot find the photos I want to show. The search never finds named photos or it is super slow to find anything. And with 7,000 photos, I cannot scroll through all of the photos.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Photos timeline specific folders exclude option

The timeline should allow exclusion of specific folders (eg, excluding work folders so in case there are images/photos it doesn't mix with family photos)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Background upload

I have to open the app so it recognizes new photos and videos to upload. Please update so it's always checking for new photos and video to upload without having to open the app. Dropbox does this and it's a very nice feature.

Thank you,
    Jeff Sprott

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories