OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Batch tagging

Now that I'm able to add tags to photos, you should give me a simple way to add the tags to a set of photos.

As an example, I want to tag all photos I take at work with the #work hashtag.

421 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion – we just finished rolling this out. You can now easily edit all the tags on one or more photos. Just navigate to the tags view, pick the photos, and select “Edit tags.”

2. Merge Onedrive Albums with Photos Albums

Windows' Photos app currently has completely separate albums than OneDrive's albums. The albums are create manually on the client side, do not sync with OneDrive on the web, and do not sync with other PCs. In the same vein, OneDrive's albums have to be manually created, and to the best of my knowledge do not sync to the Photos app.

This is something that should exemplify One Microsoft. There is no reason for these products to be this disconnected.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Organize photos based on the location and date/time

Provide on the Onedrive the option to organize the photos and videos based on the location and date/time, similar to the Lumia Storyteller app.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi. We just rolled this out today. Please take a look — hit photos and then check out the places tab.

4. Choose which folder will be included or excluded in All Photos view.

When I go to all photos view, I see my screenshots i save to one drive as well as wallpapers. However I want to be only seeing my personal photos.

I also work on graphic files and I don't want them to show up.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you click the cog in the photos view, you can change the view to point at your Pictures folder instead of your entire OneDrive. Hopefully that addresses your scenario. If not, can you open a new item that is more specific? Thanks!

5. Allow photo searching by the location the photo was taken

Most times, I can't recall when the exact date I took a picture was and when you amass a lifetime of photos, you often spend a lot of time trying to pair down when a photo was taken to find it. It would be convenient to just type in the city or place that a photo was taken into the search bar and just have the coordinates on the photo resolve out the results. In addition I would LOVE to be able to see my photos represented on a map so that I can see at a glance all the…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this – please take a look and also check out the new “places” view in the Photos experience on the web.

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base