OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add photo editor

Add photo editor to the drive. It would greatly enhance the experience, especially since most people want to tweak a photo before sharing.

This is getting to be pretty standard and it comes across to me as a weakness of one drive, especially since I really am trying to get away from google drive, which is integrated with picasa.

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not right now  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

On Windows 10, OneDrive is built right into the Photos app which offers rich editing features for all your OneDrive photos. On the web and on mobile, we are working to make it easier to use the editor of your choice.

2. Add photo ratings (stars) to metadata and sorting

Now that you've made photos front and center, it would be great to be able to find your favorites, make an item a favorite.

With the focus on photos, and the auto tagging, imagine searching for my favorite beach pictures, and BOOM! It's done.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we’re not likely to get to this in the near future.

3. Allow sorting of photos within Albums

I like the various sort order options within OneDrive folders (name, date modified, date created, size, custom). At the time of their introduction (Jan 2015), OneDrive albums do not seem to have these options. Please add them.

I would say the ability to create custom sort orders is particularly important for photo albums (even more than for folders).

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    95 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. This isn’t something we’re likely to get to in the near term.

4. OneDrive Photos to include photos from Facebook and other services

The OneDrive virtual photo bucket is great and has great potential to exploit in the Windows 10 Photos app.

It would be majestic if this virtual photo bucket would virtually include the user's photos on Facebook, Instagram, Microsoft Photosynth, Twitter, Flickr, Google+ and so on. For fast browsing, local thumbnails are needed. This will make the user's life story more complete and provides more sources for photos to include in Albums for sharing.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feature suggestion. Just being transparent that this is something we aren’t likely to get to in the near future.

5. Embed a photo album to a website as a slideshow

Ability to embed an album to a webpage. This way someone can view my OneDrive photos without leaving the webpage. It would be nice if the embedded album showed a single picture at a time in an <iframe>with an option to arrow over to view the next photo in the album.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that we are unlikely to add this directly to OneDrive, but you can share your OneDrive photos in Sway today. Take a look at http://sway.com.

6. Include Editing features for photos in one drive . It would be nice if an unlimited photo upload @ reduced size similar to that's of Google

In addition to above said Editing and Unlimited Photo space @standard size . Search should be improved for example if I tried to search my photos taken at some place ,I should be able to do that for example like saying / searching say "My photos in London " etc., Similarly searching by date , Peoples name if they are tagged ,(Although tags which created by default such as #Text ,#Screenshot etc., are pretty useful but I want them to be directly searchable from search bar or using Cortona )

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Just being transparent that this isn’t something we will likely get to in the near future.

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base