OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better sync conflict resolution

The current solution is making a copy. If device b or the web is used with the same files as device a has not yet finished syncing - e.g. think about last played property update of audio files - then this is going to result in a conflict. I have ran into this myself while moving directory trees and updating photo file properties. The work to clean up duplicates is tremendous. Another ms OneDrive forum shows I am not the only one frustrated by this. I feel it would be nice if we would have OneDrive and device file systems…

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • IFTTT triggers for OneDrive

Add triggers for OneDrive's IFTTT channel.

Beside being one of the few online storage channels that do not have any kind of trigger, this would make it useful.

90 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Manual "Sync Now" Button

Add a button on local OneDrive devices (Windows, Mac, Android, etc.) that allows users to force-sync OneDrive immediately instead of waiting for the cloud to auto-sync hours later.

90 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • monitor sync

i need to be able to get an alert or extract from an endpoint or login to the admin portal to know when there is sync problem. currently, the only way to know if there's a sync problem is from the user - and by the time the user tells me, it's too late. again, either a dashboard in the Admin portal that shows the sync errors or i need to be able to extract some event ID, log file or other from an endpoint to identify when there's a problem to schedule time to correct the issue - or…

89 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • XML Export/Import of your current (filtered) document libraries

More and more people have more than one device. I like to have an export/import XML Structure of the current filtered document libs folders. So then I'm able to import these configuration on another device without doing the time consuming filter job.

89 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • OneDrive on Linux

we are a diverse org. we use PC , MAC and Liunx. it is realy good to have a client for OneDrive on Linux

88 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : 内部ユーザー同士の共有を制限したい
                ■内容: OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間のファイルの共有を制限したい。社内のユーザー間であっても、安易に共有が行われてしまうことによって漏洩のリスクが高まります。管理者によってい制御ができるよう、テナント内のユーザー同士のファイル共有を制限する機能を要望します。
                -----
                I am thinking of sharing the files among the users of OneDrive for Business's tenant. At this moment, there is a possibility that the data leak might be caused by a simple share even within company user, and therefore I hope the feature to be available that could enable to make a limit on the file share among the users of a tenant so that an admin could execute the restriction for shared files.

88 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Fix "a newer version is installed" and OneDrive failure to launch with version mismatch with roaming profiles

Please fix compatibility issues with Roaming Profiles

Scenario 1 – can’t install NGSC on a second computer after update

The automatic update not only updates the OneDrive.exe in the local profile, but also the registry, which roams with the user. When the user logs onto a new computer and NGSC tries to run OneDriveSetup for the user, it sees the registry key and delivers a message saying a newer version is installed. By deleting HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive, NGSC will install.

Scenario 2 – registry version mismatch between updated and non-updated OneDrive.exe when roaming

If NGSC installs for the user on a second…

87 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their…

85 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Please stop automatically creating folders (like attachments, pictures, documents) in my OneDrive.

It is so annoying, every time i delete the folders, it pops up again. If i need a folder, i will make it myself. This is the only thing that keeps me from making OneDrive my top cloud storage solution.

84 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow two way sync of Camera Roll

Please add an option to enable two way sync of the Camera Folder. If the option is enabled then when a photo is deleted from a device or OneDrive.com, then that photo would be deleted from all other devices and OneDrive.com. The Android Photos app

84 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          5 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Sorting

I find the sorting in this app hard to use. Id like to be able to sort by date created. Also, it would be great to be able to choose a date for an album. I have recently been creating loads of albums with my photos and the date I made the album is not necessarily going to be the same date as the event I've created an album of. Id like to be able to choose a date, in which the event happened, so albums sort in a logical order.

Cheers

84 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Include or exclude folder option for Photo View

There should be an option which folders I want to see in the Photo View, as default the "Pictures" folder. You should be able to choose all folders in your OneDrive, maybe even shared folders from other people.
                            As an example: something like the option from "Selective Sync".

Previous idea:
                            Choose which folder will be included or excluded in All Photos view.
                            https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/7536082-choose-which-folder-will-be-included-or-excluded-i
                            Hasn't been solved. Only one option to switch between All and Photos isn't enough.

Previous idea:
                            Exclude folders from Photo View
                            http://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/7549774-exclude-folders-from-photo-view

83 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              4 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Managing deleted One Drive (Sharepoint Document) files

We have multiple users connected one SharePoint site and we use this sites to share documents. Due to our operational requirements we need to keep our files in the desktop PC. Therefore all the users in the organization we keep our files in the PC using OneDrive client.

The issue is when a file get deleted from one end its effecting all other users in the network by moving all the deleted files to their desktop recycle bin. Which creates huge space of deleted files and make all the users to clean their recycle bin quite often. (For us avg…

83 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Duplicates

Can an option be added in OneDrive to identify duplicate files I.e. When you have uploaded the same photo more than once but it's in different folders. This was a useful tool in Picasa and would be great if it could be incorporated into OneDrive. You should have the option to check and delete the duplicate.

83 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add timeline to Photos View for quicker navigation

At the moment its difficult to scroll to a particular date of interest. It would help if a timeline was available to speed up this process. For example see timeline on the left of the page in new (as of May 2015) Camera Roll in Flickr.

82 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • OneDrive Auto Save Tab for Business Accounts

Could you please provide an Auto Save tab for OneDrive business accounts. I have a PC that is my business only PC, but I do not get the Auto Save tab, like I do with a personal account. I do not want to save anything on my local drive!

82 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Enterprise level management of OneDrive using GPO

I suggest you make OneDrive more “enterprise ready”. We are in the planning stages for moving user documents to OneDrive but there are glaring limitations compared to using Windows based local shares. Here is a list of requirements if we were to seek out a 1:1 match for what we do now:

1. Make all OneDrive settings controllable via GPO. Without it, deployment is a non-starter given the number of workstations that we need to visit.

2. Use a folder redirection method to access OneDrive as the default. Sync should be secondary. This will solve a few problems. One is…

82 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Fix "Shared with Me" 'Duplicates' in View

In OneDrive for Business today the Shared with Me view is at times difficult to follow for some users and results in 'duplicate' entries.

Here is the simple scenario for Users1 and Users2:

In User2 Documents folder create the following simple structure where the names are self-describing:

Documents\Folder_Shared_Edit_with_User1

Documents\Folder_Shared_Edit_with_User1\File_OwnedBy_User2_Shared_Edit_with_User1

Documents\Folder_Shared_Edit_with_User1\File_OwnedBy_User2_Shared_View_with_User1

After a while the Crawler will re-index the User1 Shared with Me view. In addition to showing the primary entry:

Folder_Shared_Edit_with_User1

It will also show:

File_OwnedBy_User2_Shared_View_with_User1

This is duplicated if you drill into the shared folder. End users and customers do not like seeing this and it appears to be…

81 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • OCR function for PDF

The whole OCR function for PDFs would be great. In that case I would definitely work directly within OneDrive.

81 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base