OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ordner offline verfügbar machen

Hallo zusammen,
    ich würde mich super freuen, wenn man in der App neben einzelnen Dateien auch ganze Ordner verfügbar machen könnte. So kann ich, wenn ich z.B. im Flieger bin, komplett frei arbeiten und muss nicht jede Datei einzeln vorher herunterladen.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shared music folder

My cd collection is ripped to mp3. I use the Music folder and Groove streaming to listen to it on my devices. This folder is shared with my wife, son and my work live account. Groove for my work account, wife's account or sons account can't use this shared library. It appears in OneDrive clients fine and media player can use it but not Groove in Windows 10 or on mobile. I understand concerns over shares and legal aspect so limit number of people it's shared with like office home. Or only allow same users access ..

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Shared with me Folder to OneDrive

Add the option to add a shared folder or file to your OneDrive for Business. I want to be able to organize shared files and folders with my content on OneDrive. This capability is available in Google Drive (https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375057?hl=en) and should be available with OneDrive.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !

I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !
    If an employee will leave the company and he is the owner of an excel file that a lot of people use it, I think this is a must !

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Music

One song needs to play after another when they are in the same file

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow incremental file sync.

Currently, when large files change even a little bit, the whole file must be reuploaded.

Changes to a file since the last sync should be uploaded instead of the entire file contents.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Retitle or Rename File Should Not Break URL/Link

If the filename changes, this should not break the URL. A user may have shared a link/URL to a file and then changed the filename.

Please allow filenames to be changed and links to remaining working.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for Full.... Full screen slideshows.

The other day I had some guests over to view my latest trip photos on onedrive. I was disapointed that even in magnified mode the images weren't full screen. Microsoft slideshow for files on a computer are really full size while onedrive images aren't. Info borders are nice but full (really full) size images should be the priority.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Zapier API support for OneDrive for Business

It is available for OneDrive, but not OneDrive for Business. Thanks!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OCR Texterkennung in PDF Files

Texte erkennen in bestimmten Verzeichnissen. Suche darauf ermöglichen

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for encrypted files

I have sensitive documents on my computer that I'd like to put on Onedrive, but they would need to be encrypted. I could encrypt them with a program like AxxCrypt, but in Onedrive the only way I can use it is to download it and run the program. This could be simpler.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. enable encryption at rest of files in personal onedrive

Hi, I would appreciate if Microsoft could implement encryption at rest for personal Onedrive files. To be honest, I am a fan of Onedrive and I could see how it has become much better over the years. The only thing that is holding it back for many personal consumers is the lack of encryption at rest. It makes Onedrive look very dated in the light of its competitors who are rapidly growing market share.

I understand that similar requests have been raised over the years, but still no action yet. At least give users an explanation please.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put in a print to printer button! Maybe as an option under "Print to PDF"

I want to print my online powerpoint but there is not a print to printer button. I have to save to pdf or download the file and open it in powerpoint and then print it.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unlimited Cloud Storage

Google Photos give us Unlimited storage!! please do the same. I like onedrive more than Google

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Upload Speeds

Increase upload speeds as they are still not on par with the likes of Google

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Group Policy to Add SharePoint Sites

SilentConfig is all very good, but I'd also like to be able to add SharePoint Online Libraries to appear automatically alongside the user's OneDrive for Business. A policy item that contains a list of URLs to SharePoint Libraries would do the trick. As SharePoint Libraries might be particularly large, it would make sense if such libraries defaulted to "Files on Demand"

Of course, this should also be added to the OneDrive CSP that everyone is screaming out for!!

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. slideshow capability on mobile devices

Built in Slideshow support on OneDrive for all devices, ie web, windows phone, ios, android, pc.

I should be able to start a slideshow on any of these devices of my pictures directly from the OneDrive app, not have to download the pictures frist.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple accounts

It's not uncommon to have multiple outlook accounts (to keep work and personal accounts separate). Having the ability to sign into multiple accounts at the same time would be great. There are third party apps that offer this already (Cloud Indeed, File Hub, etc).
    Thanks,

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Connect to OneDrive using SFTP

Add a new option to connect from a remote server, such as Ubuntu, using SFTP.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base