OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Preview for SVG files

One Drive for Business and SharePoint Online fail to preview SVG files.
    This is a common format for web vector graphic files.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monitor \ Generate reports for syncing status

Monitor\Generate reports for syncing status for each user. and send notification email for the admin with the syncing status and failure notes with full details and errors

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow moving location of a synced folder

This is a surprisingly high requested feature, but Microsoft has stepped on it in various ways causing many request tickets for the same thing to be created, some of them closed. Another example of them not caring what customers really want.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exclude some files by extension

I'm using One Drive Ent. alone but with 3 computers.
    I'm using Visual Studio 2015 and .NET source code is stored in One Drive..
    Because I can switch from one computer to another, I cannot use a source control software (like SourceSafe).
    But at each build, all generated files are pushed to OneDrive.
    I don't really need to save .OBJ, .PDB files.

So, a global file filter can be useful to save bandwidth.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Possibility to exclude .git, node_modules, etc. files/folders

Old feature request: "Exclude wanted folder or file names from sync" was flagged as "Not right now" and the request was closed.

What about now? Is now a good time to implement this?

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix file copying for all sizes

While we can successfully move "small" files with the Move To option in the website, Copy To always fails for "bigger" files. I haven't looked for an exact minimum size that can't be copied, but I know that a file of 24MB cannot be copied.

At the very least any restrictions should be documented.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shared folders on every user's desktop (filesystem)

Currently, when sharing files the full access is only via the web site. I'd like to see the ability to sync shared folders onto the local file system for every user it's shared with.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. open with explorer

Allow the old feature "Open With Explorer" in OneDrive for Business and Office 365 Group Files on the web.

Syncing files through OneDrivefor Business app is not a good solution for many businesses.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add possibility to add and sync files and folders outsider the OneDrive folder

It's just ridiculous that it's not possible to specify files and folders outside the OneDrive folder in the client. Everything needs to be copied in the OneDrive folder in order to upload and sync to OneDrive. I don't want to put all my files and folders on my hard drive in the OneDrive folder. Specify locations and paths in the client would be so much easier and more comfortable and the files would sync immediatly.

I do not understand why you say that you depper integrate OneDrive in Windows 10 when you still force users to use the OneDrive folder…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office365 Groups Support

Make OneDrive mobile apps a great alternative to DropBox Teams by adding Office365 Group Support! Would be good if I could see my Group files without having to use a PC or use mobile web browser.

King Regards

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Destination Folder For Photo Uploads

When turning on Camera Uploads please allow the end user to specify a OneDrive folder name where the photos are uploaded to. This should be done in the iOS app or Android app so that each device can have separate folder.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide "Available Offline" feature in OneDrive for business

Surface tablets have less HDD space when compared to laptop or desktops. It would be good to have the "Available Offline" feature in OneDrive for business to help in freeing up some hard disk space.

I can click a file(s) or folder, right click on them and select "Available Offline" to be available on OneDrive and free from Local system hard drive,

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Photos (All photos, albums, tags, places) feature

I use OneDrive for Business as a consumer to be able to use my own domain and to have enough space for my photos and files.

I would love the feature from consumer OneDrive to be able to press "Photos" and get an overview of all photos, albums, tags and places.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prioritise the syncing of SharePoint libraries using the NGSC

As CTO, I introduced O365 to our company in 2011. I use OneDrive for my personal storage and OneDrive for Business for my work documents. I have promoted the use of SharePoint tirelessly in our company. But, OneDrive Team, this year you are losing my support. I have tried to hold back the spread of Dropbox with arguments about document security, acceptability to our clients, integration with our platform etc. It's been tough because Dropbox syncs to people's drives without errors, and SharePoint libraries don't. People who used ODFB prior to the NGSC got sync errors. A lot of sync…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now" error message to say what the problem really is

Certain problems within the OneDrive client result in the error message "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now". Below this, it says "Please contact support".

I have had this message and contacted Microsoft Support, who were completely unable to help at all. The error message is very poor, as it does not adequately describe what the conditions are that are preventing OneDrive from adding a folder to be synchronised. The error message should inform the user why the folder cannot be added and provide a link to a help page to assist in resolving the problem.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeonedrivefb-mso

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Documents folder

Is it possible to remove the feature that keeps creating a "documents" folder automatically? It's quite annoying and I find myself having to just delete the folder over and over again

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow sharing of Music and Pictures folders between users in a family account

Now that it's possible to stream the content of the Music directory with XBox music, it would be great to let multiple accounts share the one source of files - at least between family members in a family account. This would mimic many people's existing use-case of having one store of files on a NAS or server in the home, then letting everyone stream simultaneously from this.

When one account shares their "Music" folder, this shared link isn't recognised by XBox music, as only the real "Music" folder is found.

My workaround is to share my Music folder with the…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send alerts when a shared folder has been adjusted/updated.

I think with shared folders/documents alerts should be sent to all it is shred with when changes have been made. We share a calendar so everyone can see what up coming events are taking place. If an adjustment is made no one knows unless they check the calendar everyday. An alert would be much better!!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Photo albums sorting

Can we please have the ability to sort photo albums alphabetically. I aim to use One Drive for all my photo storage but with over 120 albums it's no good if I have to spend ages looking for an album as I can't sort them A to Z. This seems to be such a simple idea and would allow me to use this app to its full potential. 'Files' sort A to Z but not albums.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to log out of onedrive for business

Please allow the ability to log out of onedrive for business as well as allowing people to log into to multiple business account. School, work, non-profit all using onedrive for business? I use same computer.... Also make it more compatible with onedrive personal, i.e. share folders

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base