OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow automatic upload of photos and video from mobile clients to OneDrive for Business

Would like to see complete feature parity between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business - well except that the latter would have everything that OneDrive personal had plus some.

Automatic upload of photos and video is one of the OneDrive Personal features that should be added to OneDrive for Business. I realize the technologies are very different on the backend, but it needs to be done.

3,204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      in the plans  ·  239 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

My 1GB of storage part of my Office 365 Business subscription is more or less useless because I get the "File name too long" issue with most of my files.

The following request is now closed as completed but I have voted on it with OneDrive for Business in mind (and I'm sure a lot of other other users did!).
      https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6325774-enable-long-file-paths-aka-file-name-too-long-p

So, OneDrive for Business users, make your voice heard and vote for this!

1,951 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        94 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 1,276 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          140 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Request that someone sends a file to me

I (and my users) often need to request large files from a contact outside my organization, but Office 365 and OneDrive do not provide this functionality in a simple way. Microsoft support tells me to “either create a shared Sharepoint site or ask the other party to upload files to their own OneDrive and share the file”. Both of these “solutions” require the other party to have a Microsoft ID and force me into the awkward position of being a Microsoft evangelist (as I tell them how to get a Microsoft ID, upload the file, and then share it with…

926 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            52 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion and it’s definitely a scenario we want to address. Right now it’s not high on our backlog compared to other priorities but we’ll keep you informed as we firm up our plans.

• Organize items in my Shared with Me section

It would be a GREAT addition for education use if we could create folders and organize items in the Shared with Me section.

749 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              141 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise

Allow OneDrive for Business Sync Client to recognize domain-bound Macs in the Enterprise.

Our company recently adopted the OneDrive for Business (OD4B)next generation sync client. As part of this adoption our internal Information Security team has set a security policy allowing only domain-bound workstations to leverage the OD4B sync client.

We are binding our Mac workstations to our corporate domain, just like our Windows workstations; however, Microsoft has told us that Macs are not truly bound to our corporate domain -- they are simply "associated" with our domain meaning our Mac workstations fall outside of this domain-bound security policy. This…

703 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                25 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 637 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  20 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Enable sync client (NGSC) to allow editable syncing of document libraries with secondary versions turned on

Comparable to the described problems in this post https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/17864110-enable-sync-client-to-allow-editable-synching-of-t the NGSC is not able to sync libraries (neither SharePoint nor O365-Groups), that have secondary versions turned on. The synced files are write protected and can’t be edited by library owners or other write-permitted users.
                  This really restricts the possibilities in scenarios where companies use the secondary-versioning and publishing-to-full-version-feature to secure the presentation of content in document libraries and keep content-producers productive.

466 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Automatically shorten urls for publicly shared items from OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online

Automatically shorten the urls for publicly shared items from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, similar to what is available in OneDrive.

When the feature is complete the urls generated by Get a Link / Create Link should be shortened automatically (possibly using http://1dr.ms) and a similar feature should be introduced in Sharepoint Online document libraries.

459 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      31 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add support for RDS and Azure RemoteApp

Please add support for RDS and Azure RemoteApp to the 'Next Gen' client. At least the following scenario's should be supported:

- RDS Session based Desktops
                      - RDS Sessoin based RemoteApps
                      - RDS VDI
                      - Azure RemoteApp

Both the User Profile disk and Roaming Profiles should be supported as storage solution within RDS and Azure RemoteApp. Since more customers are migrating to Office 365 the support for this client in RDS became more and more critical.

326 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’re thinking about it, and our supported scenario available today is to use the Universal app or the website where users can access their data in OneDrive and Sharepoint without sync’ing all the files in advance. Don’t forget that Office natively supports opening and editing these files, too!

• Support for RAW/NEF/DNG photos (especially thumbnails)

Onedrive.com supports RAW photo files, but the Onedrive for Business photo gallery doesn't.

(the consumer product supports professional photo formats and the professional product only support consumer formats. Disappointing...)

324 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          15 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • When deleting and O365 Buisness user, make it easy to move the files/folders to another user.

When an employee that uses OneDrive for Business leaves the organization there should be an option to move their files to another employee (superior, replacement, temporary, etc.).

Instead of having to download and then reupload the files to another user, it should be an option during the user deletion to move the files.

310 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            16 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • shared by me

In OneDrive consumer there is a best feature that in OneDrive For Business does not exists. This feature is "Shared by me" which allows to know, after a long period that I have shared document/folder, what are my sharings

303 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              15 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Remote wipe of PC's for organizations

[Reuben updated the title for clarity]
                              Fairly self explanatory - Syncing company data to all of your personal machines is great but what happens when you leave the company or something needs to be retracted?
                              Having multiple copies of synchronized libraries on untrusted machines is a huge security risk, administrators should have the option to see which machines are synchronized to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint libraries and be able to stop synchronization and/or wipe information from these machines.

291 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Admin Controls for OD4B Sync for total space consumed on PC

We need the ability to control the total amount or % of space consumed on a PC device when sync'ing OD4B content. We are seeing where a user may have a large amount of data in OD4B (1TB+) and on laptops and surface devices this will consume all the available space. Controls that can be managed by the Administrator to limit the amount of space or the ability to sync only the tree structure (like on IOS) is required.

290 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  18 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Enable sync client to allow editable synching of team sites with mandatory metadata columns

As at 23rd Jan 2017 the newly relased One Drive for Business synch client enables synching of Team sites BUT if any libraries have mandatory meta data or require check out, the synched folder/library is read only. This cripples collaboration by teams on documents. This needs to be fixed

230 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    21 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Enable Anonymous Download of All OneDrive for Business Files w/o MS Acct

For files located within OneDrive for Business, you have the option to share those files using 'guest' links — either for viewing or editing. Files like .zip archives and .PDFs automatically download using these links but guests are unable to download Office Online documents (e.g., .xlsx, .docx) even if they're accessing them using the guest links. They can *view* the files using Office Online but the option to download or 'save a copy' is unavailable unless you're logged in using a Microsoft account.

This concept is incredibly confusing for the novice and forces me to perpetually play the role of…

223 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      10 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Download Bandwidth Throttling

Even though the upload bandwidth throttling through GPO is already available, the download bandwidth throttling is even more important to guarantee that operational processes are not impacted.

Please implement this as well.

191 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Create a copy of shared file to own Onedrive for Business

It should be easy to create a copy of a shared file to own OneDrive for Business.

For example: teacher creates a Word file and shares it to students. At the moment it is difficult for students to copy the Word file to own OneDrive for Business

188 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • metadata

Return the functionality for having custom views of metadata on our OneDrive for Business files, which is present in Classic View. The new interface removes this ability that our business users have adopted to provide multiple ways to organize their data. The result of not having this back before completely sunsetting classic view is that our users will have a long list of files at the root and have to completely re-organize their files into folders. Huge impact to all of our users in having to rework something they just completed. Metadata is core to SharePoint philosophies in organizing information…

177 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            9 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 86 87
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base