OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. improve the behavior disabling to show one page of PDF files along with OneDrive app for iPad laid in sideways state.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):iPad の OneDrive アプリで PDF ファイルを表示した際の動作について

Regarding the behavior when PDF files are viewed on OneDrive app for iPad.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):iPad の OneDrive アプリで PDF ファイルを表示した際、端末を横向きにしていると、最初のページが 1 ページ、以降は 2 ページずつ表示される。すべてのページが 1 ページずつ表示されるように変更してほしい。 

In case I display the PDF file along with OneDrive app using iPad laid in sideways state, I find 1 page shown on the first page I see and 2 pages for each view after that. Therefore, I hope that behavior to be changed so that I could check 1 page shown for all the pages I check.
    -----

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Permission user folders

Good work!
      We are testing the synchronization between different dividends in SharePoint linked to user accounts.
      We have encountered an unnecessary problem.
      When a user has no permissions for a folder, it appears with a red cross and sync message appears.

In the mobile app, the folders for which the user is not authorized does not appear, so it should be.
      When do you plan to fix this?

164 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • shared by me

Could you add a menu "Shared by me" (similar as "Shared with me") in OneDrive web interface on the left side menu?

More about the user need: on OneDrive, files and folder are shared "only you" by default but you can share files/folders hidden in folders or sub-folders which stay unshared. Over time it becomes very hard to see what you shared, thus having this page view of all files/folders "shared by me" would be very convenient for users...

193 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability for OneDrive Admins to Flag Folders as "Do Not Sync"

Ability for OneDrive Administrators to flag some folders in individual users cloud based OneDrive for Business libraries as “do not sync” so that the end-user cannot check them in the Next Gen Sync Client (NGSC) for synchronization to their local machine. The NGSC should honor that attribute and show the folder as “greyed out” – possibly with a hover over pop-up message stating that the folder cannot be synchronized locally because of IT policy.

Options should be available for bulk application to all users OneDrive folders by specifying a folder name (or folder name pattern) to be flagged as non-synchronizable,…

170 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Files on demand, automatic cleanup

When using files on demand over time, OneDrive will start to sync a lot of files which after some time will become inactive. Today the user would have to right-click the OneDrive-folder and select Clean up in order to stop the sync of these files and delete the local files stored on the user's device.

I propose a new optional feature. When files or folders have been inactive for a period of time (say 30 days) I would like OneDrive to automatically clean up, deleting the locally stored files and folders but still keeping them in the cloud.

It should…

93 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Specifiy folder Language per user

As the default Language of a OneDrive Site is set by location of your tenant, all our OneDrive Sites have English as default language. That means that all Folders, which are created by default (like Attachments, Notebooks, etc.) are also displayed in English. Please make it possible to specifiy the OneDrive Defauld language or the language for those Folders for individual users, because not everyone in our company is capable of speaking English.

26 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Improve the feature of synchronizing more than 100,000 items on a stable basis for OneDrive.

I am aware of the behavior the restriction mentioned that the sync performance will possibly deteriorate when the stored items in the library exceed 100,000 items more. However, I need to operate this process frequently so that I wish the feature will be improved enables sync more than 100,000 items on a stable basis as soon as possible.

Although I have concerns about if the synchronization is going to be impossible to proceed unexpectly, but so as MS described as "We are working on optimization of OneDrive to improve processing of many Libraries." below the Reference information.

Title: Restrictions on…

307 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  11 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Renable inheritance when removing limited users (remove users access from all files)

In OneDrive, on a Document Library, you can go to library permissions, show limited users and remove a limited user. This appears to recursively remove the user access on all child objects in the library. This is definitely useful in the scenario e.g., I want to completely remove Bob's access to all files. The downside though is that currently, even if the remove on child object effectively leaves the object without unique permissions inheritance is not re-enabled. It would be beneficial to add a check during this removal to renable inheritance where appropriate (i.e., file and nearest parent with unique…

25 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Standalone update for Onedrive Files-On-Demand

Firstly I want to thank all those involved in rolling out the Files-on-Demand feature for OneDrive it is exactly what our organization needed. I look forward to not having to straddle so many solutions just to cover our file sharing needs.

Unfortunately in order to get this feature all the computers in our organization need to be able to update to the Creators edition, we have a 99% windows 10 environment however some computers running windows 10 are not able to upgrade to this latest version because of some hardware incompatibilities.

If we as office 365 admins had access to…

22 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • office file

Enable to possibility to download file shared with guest access, instead of open them directly in the browser. So use OneDrive also as file transfer, for example create a button just for transfer big files in order to allow recipient to download it. I think this feature would improve hugely the OneDrive usage specially in business. Currently we have to suggest some workaround to do it but this discourage our users to use it, it would be great to have a simple button that do it please. thanks

12 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow the user to set/select the languages for a sharing notification email when sending to the recipient by the setting.

Currently, I am aware of the behavior that the sharing notification is sent to the user automatically in the language of recipient's settings. I hope the language of the sharing notification email can be selected freely by the user who shared documents or folders.

304 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

42 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • add the feature either to disable the font's automatic modification and integration or to set its distinctive style and size into a cell.

■Title(件名):---.
                            -------
                            ■Description_JP (内容):Office のファイルの1つのセルに、異なる字体、異なるサイズの文字を使用した文章が混在し、さらに同一セル内で別々の文章として認識されている場合、 OneDrive for Business にアップロードを行い、[Excel Online で開く] にて編集、または該当のセルをクリックした際に、フォントが自動的に変更、統一される。また、 [Excel Online] 上にて 1 つのセル内にて異なる字体、異なるサイズを設定できない。Office Online にて編集を行う事が多いため、フォントが自動で変更、統一されないように、または [Excel Online] にて1つのセルに異なる字体、異なるサイズを設定できるように追加要望です。

In case the sentences containing of distinctive character style and size are mixed in one of the cells in Office file and if each of those sentences are recognized as distinctive within the same cell, I am aware that the fonts are automatically modified and consolidated into one font style when uploading them into OneDrive for Business and editing them with [Open in Excel Online] or clicking the cell. Furthermore, I am unable to…

29 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Dashboard of All OneDrive Client Statuses

When looking at users who work in many locations across our organization, it would be helpful to have a centralized dashboard to look at what clients are syncing and include the following information: last time client synchronized, are there files that are failing to upload/download and the status of the client (sync pending, sync complete, etc.).

172 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Correct the output period of OneDrive usage report.

■Title(件名):OneDrive の利用状況レポートについて

Correct the output period of OneDrive usage report.
                                -------
                                ■Description_JP (内容):Office 365 Admin center から確認可能な使用状況のレポートについて、OneDrive の利用状況レポートを使用しているが、過去 180 日間の記録が出力される動作のはずが、1 年近く前のデータも出力される、レポートのデータ肥大化への懸念もあるのと、なによりレポートの精度を上げ、信頼性を高めてほしい。 

Now we frequently use the OneDrive Usage Status Report that can be confirmed from Admin center of Office 365, however it has become the data of nearly one year is outputting even it should be that the default of outputting record of the past 180 days.

Also, it makes us concerned about the data of the report will bloat because of the unexpected behavior that mentioned above. Since we would have a request to improve the…

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share.

■件名 : 内部ユーザー同士の共有を制限したい
                                  ■内容: OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間のファイルの共有を制限したい。社内のユーザー間であっても、安易に共有が行われてしまうことによって漏洩のリスクが高まります。管理者によってい制御ができるよう、テナント内のユーザー同士のファイル共有を制限する機能を要望します。
                                  -----
                                  I am thinking of sharing the files among the users of OneDrive for Business's tenant. At this moment, there is a possibility that the data leak might be caused by a simple share even within company user, and therefore I hope the feature to be available that could enable to make a limit on the file share among the users of a tenant so that an admin could execute the restriction for shared files.

29 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Local Disk Storage Limits

Save our users from themselves.

We desperately need a solution to limit how much data is synced to the local disk by the OneDrive Sync Client. In an Enterprise scenario, where it's beneficial to allow large amounts of storage in the cloud, there is often not enough local storage to accommodate a user's full data store. Selective sync doesn't satisfy organizational concerns about using up local disk space. Even files-on-demand is leaving a lot of trepidation at the management level. Users will typically just choose to sync everything without thinking of the consequences.

I propose an enforceable policy (GPO or…

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • implemente the feature enabling to apply in bulk the data retention policy of data governance to Teams and users.

■件名 :データガバナンスのデータ保持ポリシーを一括で Teams や、ユーザーに適用可能な機能の実装を要望します。
                                      →The feature enabling to apply in bulk the data retention policy of data governance to Teams and users.
                                      ------------
                                      ■内容: データガバナンスのデータ保持ポリシーを一括で Teams や、ユーザーに適用可能な機能の実装を要望します。​
                                      I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to apply in bulk the data retention policy of data governance to Teams and users.

20 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • implement the feature enabling to forbid download.

■Title(件名):ダウンロードを禁止する権限について

Regarding the right to prohibit from downloading.
                                        -------
                                        ■Description_JP (内容):現時点では、​OneDrive for Business 上からアイテムのダウンロードを禁止する権限がないので、実装してほしい。 

At this moment, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to prohibit the items from being downloaded from OneDrive for Business.
                                        -----

14 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Enable sync client (NGSC) to allow editable syncing of document libraries with secondary versions turned on

Comparable to the described problems in this post https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/17864110-enable-sync-client-to-allow-editable-synching-of-t the NGSC is not able to sync libraries (neither SharePoint nor O365-Groups), that have secondary versions turned on. The synced files are write protected and can’t be edited by library owners or other write-permitted users.
                                          This really restricts the possibilities in scenarios where companies use the secondary-versioning and publishing-to-full-version-feature to secure the presentation of content in document libraries and keep content-producers productive.

835 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            12 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 134 135
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base