OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplicity Idea

make it easier to create business accounts through the one drive app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find folders when you save a document

Some users has a lot of folders and subfolders.

Sometimes is very complicated to save a document into onedrive navigating through the folders because people doesn't remember the complete path

It could be nice to enable the search bar in order to find a folder when you save a document into onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sell only personal OneDrive in all bundled subscriptions

There are a few SharePoint enthusiasts in this world, but they are few and far between. For most customers the backend SharePoint database is making OneDrive for Business an inferior product compared to the personal OneDrive or Dropbox.

Issues specific to OneDrive for Business that I have personally encountered are [1] changes made to files / file sizes, [2] randomization of the "modified dates", [3] unacceptable characters in file names, [4] unacceptable paths and [5] sync client crashes.

For me and I suspect most other business customers this is a horrible product / service! I cannot use it for anything…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View shared files

Please make it easy to view files and folders like Dropbox does for their app and Mac.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto Photo Upload Shortcommings

Hi, if you have multiple OneDrives, and you do not leave your personal OneDrive as the last accessed OneDrive, then auto photo upload doesn’t work. I have 1 Personal and 2 Business OneDrives on my App, and if I use my Business, and do not change the app back to Personal, then photos don’t upload to my personal OneDrive. Cheers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open Sharepoint version when opening synced files.

Currently, when a user opens an Excel file (as an example but it is any file) on a synced library, it opens the local copy of the data. This action is causing syncing issues. The user right now has to right-click the file, view online and then choose to open in Excel.

If online, the system should try and open the SharePoint library version instead of the local version. (Or at least give the user the choice of local or Online).

I have many users that have reverted to using Google Docs instead of SharePoint because of this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the user interface for Get a Link less confusing.

Please make the user interface for OneDrive Tenant user to Get a Link less confusing. If we tried to get the link the second time, it comes up with the window that looks like the link that can be used for sharing but it isn't. Tenant users can not tell the difference that it's not the actual link for sharing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide the latest public information about the Sharing function of OneDrive for Business.

I would like to inform you that the content about the public information of the following URL is indicated the previous information. So that, I hope the MS system will be providing us the latest information about the Sharing function for OneDrive for Business as quickly as possible.

<Reference>
    https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/89d8c6fa-a70c-4a31-b536-9f6fe94e97bc

Thank you for your continued support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please, I would like to open a spsce of 100 GB payble arround $1only because the 1 TB is too much for me

1TB is too much space for me and useless space.

All what i need is 100GB for $1 or $1.50 cent but not 1TB, all my data, pics and other not more than 30 GB.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. waste of time

I've used the app for 1 year and it's a waste of time. It takes forever to sync files gives many errors then re-syncs. After spending 2 days with tech support which was very helpful the app still did not perform.

I setup Dropbox in 30 minutes and had my 18 gigs and 15k files synced between my desktop and laptop without a hitch. I recommend Dropbox for $99 per year as opposed to wasting thousands of dollars of my time with a "Free" app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a much more robust automatic upgrade from the old client to the new client as well as stop distributing the old client with O365.

I have had several occasions where the old client stopped functioning, came back after the new one was installed and working fine and this is unacceptable. The process for clearing out the old and bringing in the new should be much more straight forward and active versus passive. In addition, the Office 365 suite that users download and install when they first log in should NOT have the old client included since a new client is out and should be the one that is used from now on per Microsoft guidance. Distributing software that is known to not function properly…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Block Up/Downloading Specific File Types feature enabled for Azure AD too!

The "OneDrive for Business Deny List of File Types for Sync" feature was just released. This will provide "Administrators the ability to define a list of file types that will be actively blocked from sync functions (upload and download)." This is great and can be achieved by using the Set-SPOTenantSyncClientRestriction cmdlet, however on the description page this cmdlet, it is stated that it is available only if you use on-premise AD: "This capability doesn’t support Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) Joined or Workplace Joined devices."
    Come on Microsoft, on one hand you say to customers to move everything in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable Link and Share Option

OneDrive on the cloud.
    If I copy the link after the share operation, this link not work.
    I have to copy before the link and then share with someone the folder/file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to move data between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business

Method to move data between the two systems without having to move the data "locally" and then back up to the other system

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 365 health, readiness, and connectivity checks Fails to detect OD4B v16

The "Office 365 health, readiness, and connectivity checks" Tool in the admin portal doesn't detect OD4B v16. I get errors showing up when I run a basic test.
    The check 'OneDrive: Checking if you have the latest cumulative updates for the OneDrive client' gives the following error:
    Your version of OneDrive is out of date. Click on the link in the actions pane to download the update. You are on version '' and the latest version is '15.0.4551.1007'.

According to Programs and Features I'm running Office ProPlus - en-us version 16.0.6001.1043. Office update button reports I'm running the latest version.…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OD4B - Photo View

There should be a folder photo view as well.

Auto Albums

Facial grouping

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Resyncing to Different Folder

OneDrive has lost its blinking mind: All my Sharepoint library syncs suddenly disconnect and I have to re-sync. Only this time I'm never asked which folder to sync to so OneDrive starts over completely in a new folder it's never defaulted to in the past. OneDrive is so unstable, unreliable, and frustrating it's hard to believe this is a Microsoft product. Please put some serious effort into OneDrive as it's a promising platform that's insanely unpleasant to have as the linchpin to our business file system.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update OneDrive for Business file size limit

Update OneDrive for Business file size limit to be competitive

Increase OneDrive for Business file size beyond the current cap of 15 GB/file.

OneDrive for Business needs to stay competitive.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have the ability to upload to shared with me folder from other apps

I cannot upload to a folder that has been shared with me from other apps. For example, in ms word and adobe reader, I am not presented the option to upload to a shared folder. I am only able to upload to my personal folder or a sharepoint site. What's the point of having a shared folder if I can't even upload to it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base